Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

Length
    22/22/26
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Glassy hair that doesn't get tangled, does it exist?

I don't understand what glassy hair is?

My hair is very fine and rarely tangles. When I comb or brush through it, it doesn't tug or anything. It's pretty smooth and kind of just "glides."

Length
    Hip/Ftl/Knee
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WednesdayAddams View Post
    I don't understand what glassy hair is?

My hair is very fine and rarely tangles. When I comb or brush through it, it doesn't tug or anything. It's pretty smooth and kind of just "glides."
    I´m an ESL and it seems like every couple of years they invent a new word to sell something. Or they learn an already existing word and make up the meaning.

What is glass hair? It’s all about achieving a look that’s as reflective and lustrous as a glass surface catching sunlight. Picture hair that’s so sleek and shiny, it reflects light like a perfectly polished mirror.
    [...]
    Glass hair isn’t just a trend - it’s a statement of sophistication and confidence. With proper care, the right techniques, and our honey-infused styling products, you can make this coveted look a part of your everyday style repertoire.
    source bolded mine
    The influencer in the link that´s being used as an example seems like they need a shampoo after that treatment. Looks like my hair when I used to go to the hairdresser and they pushed to use an anti-frizz. One of the reason I stopped visiting.
    In this vanityfair article you can see more examples. It says it´s the equivalent of glass skin for hair... The ¨trend¨ where you need at least a 7 step routine to achieve a ¨clean¨ look.

Length
    pixie/short/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

When my hair is long, it doesn't tangle much if I use a particular conditioner on it. I sleep with it loose, and I used to have it down most of the time, too. I wouldn't say it never tangles, though, and I never had great shine because of my blondette colour. My hair has gotten a bit darker in the past year or two, to the point where I may now be considered a light brunette(?) and I have the shine I always wanted! So when I grow it out again, it will probably tangle all the time, since I can't have it all!
    In a grow and cut cycle...

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I think my brazilian dance teacher has hair like this. It's very coarse and straight so I think that contributes to the not tangling thing. The "tangles" would just fall out under their own weight. I'm just speculating.

I have a friend whose (wavy) hair doesn't tangle at all. I don't understand, can't relate at all. It's also very coarse.
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Yes I saw hair like this once. Again as mentioned by others it was very coarse straight hair.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/20/37
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by evernia View Post
    i've only seen one person IRL whose hair doesn't tangle at all, and that was an asian guy with that hair type that just sticks right out... it's weird how many people claim it online, hair influencers profit from you seeing their seeming perfection, then feeling bad and buying their stuff or binge watching them. it's interesting how every one of the tangle-free people still owns brushes, even though they don't really need them...
    This is a great point, and succinctly put too! My hair tends to slip out of all kinds of styles, so I think the lack of tangles is just that it does tangle, but they work themselves out because my hair has a lot of slip. I still brush my hair because it tends to clump and stick together when it's oily, and brushing it will separate it, give it volume and a tiny bit of shine. I just don't have to use any force to do so, the brush doesn't get stuck, and I don't use a detangler.

I agree that these influencers should be taken with a heap of salt. Because how I just described my hair is probably down to genetics. I wouldn't tell someone that if they just buy x thing, they'll have hair like mine. Imo that's not possible. And my hair is far from perfect, like I said it's not *that* shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbouu View Post
    This is a great point, and succinctly put too! My hair tends to slip out of all kinds of styles, so I think the lack of tangles is just that it does tangle, but they work themselves out because my hair has a lot of slip. I still brush my hair because it tends to clump and stick together when it's oily, and brushing it will separate it, give it volume and a tiny bit of shine. I just don't have to use any force to do so, the brush doesn't get stuck, and I don't use a detangler.

I agree that these influencers should be taken with a heap of salt. Because how I just described my hair is probably down to genetics. I wouldn't tell someone that if they just buy x thing, they'll have hair like mine. Imo that's not possible. And my hair is far from perfect, like I said it's not *that* shiny.
    Thank you for your lightning respond! Is this feature really totally independent of the length of hair??... So your hair remains tangle free or is easy to get tangle free even in hip length, or knee length?... I think we should check this with microscope, what is that thing in this hairtype, that keeps it so easy to maintain! If it somehow could be mimiced..

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

That kind of hair most definitely does not exist in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    That kind of hair most definitely does not exist in this house.
    Thanks! Here neither... even though I wouldn't be bothered if it did...

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    I've heard something about this kind of hair, but does it behave like that also when it's very long, like hip length or waist length? Anyone here has this kind of hair? I'd like to hear something about this hair type!
    Never heard of that hairype (nontangling. not saying it doesn't exist, but must be very rare indeed if it does), and I certainly don't have it, lol.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc