Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Changing up your routine: new discoveries!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Changing up your routine: new discoveries!

I thought my routine was pretty basic before, but since switching to CO washing, it's even easier and my hair is happier. That left me free to focus more on the dry ends which have been an ongoing battle. It's still very early stage experiment, but Fox's shea butter conditioning cream is doing the trick for now
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I tried the bowl method like the youtube curly girls use to really get leave-in evenly distributed, just for the heck of it. A little leave in and a little squirt of oil, and dipped into a tiny bit of water in my wash bucket. My hair has never been this smooth!! It's the slickest it's ever been. Will definitely be trying again.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I've started washing my hair 3 days/week again instead of 2, and changing up my nighttime routine. I still use mousse and gel for my wavy routine, but instead of sleeping with my hair plopped in a satin wrap, I just braid it. As long as I resist the urge to brush it in the morning, it lets me keep a good amount of definition. Plopping overnight or sleeping with loose hair in a bonnet was hit or miss. Sometimes my hair looked great in the morning, sometimes it just looked weird.

The washing 3 days a week is a personal preference, I think my hair looks better on that schedule.
    long hair is self care
    Chin ♡ Collarbone ♡ APL ♡ BSL ♡ Mermaid ♡ Waist ♡ Hip ♡ TBL ♡

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Last summer during the hot weather I would wear my hair in a nautilus or braided nautilus bun under a baseball cap. When the weather got cold I would wear a nautilus bun under a beanie, then when I started to get breakage I would wear milkmaid braids under a beanie.

The weather is starting to warm up again so I've been trying to find a gentler hairstyle that will work underneath my cap, and this morning I finally found a way to clip the braids in such a way that they fit snugly underneath it! At some point, I'd like to find a good head scarf to wrap up all of my hair so there's no risk of it getting dirty, but for now, I'm pleased that I can wear something cooler on my head and keep my hair protected.
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I have started to wash it a little less, I really like the feeling of the shower on my hair, but my hair is much better this way, and I wash my hair on my knees first and then I take a full shower, instead of at the same time because I like fairly hot water in winter. I started trying the LOC method and it was terrible ,a lot of curls, but the tangles multiplied by hundred, I prefer to brush my curly hair carefully and keep waves with braids, so on wash day I can untangle it in a minute. The last time I did the LOC it took 45 minutes. A nightmare.
    🍉SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WLslooowwwwly reaching the waist
    🍉

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I’m trying to stretch my regular shampoo washes to fit an upcoming event without having to do any additional washes. I decided to try a water-only wash in the meantime, between my shampoos. It was… kind of useless for my scalp. Well, at least I can say I tried it. CO was also not for me. My scalp hated it. I broke out in pimples all over my scalp and the itching was horrible. I’m going to do my regular wash the day before my event and just deal with it in the meantime. The more I play with my routine, the more I recognize that my scalp begs me to keep it scrupulously clean and as oil-free as possible.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post
    Last summer during the hot weather I would wear my hair in a nautilus or braided nautilus bun under a baseball cap. When the weather got cold I would wear a nautilus bun under a beanie, then when I started to get breakage I would wear milkmaid braids under a beanie.

The weather is starting to warm up again so I've been trying to find a gentler hairstyle that will work underneath my cap, and this morning I finally found a way to clip the braids in such a way that they fit snugly underneath it! At some point, I'd like to find a good head scarf to wrap up all of my hair so there's no risk of it getting dirty, but for now, I'm pleased that I can wear something cooler on my head and keep my hair protected.
    That has been a problem for me during summer, how to get the hair in a protective style under a cap. I get a bit of sun damage every year. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit on how you clip your braids?

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I see a lot of curly girls on instagram using TTs or Denman brushes to style their curls. I was so resistant to it for a while because, in the past, brushing my curls did not work at all but I may have figured out why. Most people seem to apply all their stylers then brush. If I do that, I end up with stringy waves. However, if I brush my hair first then scrunch in my stylers, I have some of the best curls I've ever had at this length! So, that's something that I changed that I'm really liking the results of.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've been really liking to wash my hair in cool water since I colored it again. I barely have to use conditioner now! My scalp gets itchy if I don't wash with warm water periodically, though. Just gets it cleaner.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆