Thread: Hair regrowth

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Hair regrowth

Hey everyone

I haven't posted here in a while, as my hair was giving me a lot of problems these last couple of years.

So I was on a lot of medication since 2021, and since stopped all of it. It was making my hair grow brittle, fall out, and thin out quite a lot, which is odd for me because I have always had very thick hair. Anyway, after blood work and talking to doctors, we figured out it was my medication that caused it, so I've spent the past 6 months weaning off of them successfully. It has been about a month now and my hair is no longer falling out, yay! However, I had to cut my classic length hair, due it to being way too thin and brittle for my liking and cut it to APL. Has anyone ever gone through anything like this? If so, how long was it before your hair got back to its thickness? I would imagine it is like starting growing out your hair from square one again, so I expect it to take 2-3 years to see a difference, which is a bit disappointing, but at least it grows back? The doctors assured me it would grow back after ceasing all the meds they had me on.
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hair regrowth

I lost a lot of hair a couple years ago due to sickness and a spring shed. I did not cut back at all. It's been growing back in, and finally is long enough that my buns have some thickness at the start, but most of my length is still very thin. My hair tends to be thin anyway, and if your pic is any indication, you naturally have enough thickness to be a problem for making a bun at a shorter length!
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    13/31/60
    Type
    3c/4a/M/iii

I am so sorry for your hair troubles, I hope you can regrow to CL again
    Last edited by KinkyRapunzel; March 3rd, 2024 at 07:55 PM.
    Life is short but your hair doesn’t have to be.” -

WL~HPL (35.5”)~TBL~BCL~CL~MTL Knee Length

Length
    buzz/hip/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

hello, i'm in a similar boat, lost a big part of my hair due to stress but it's growing back now. i think what helps is knowing that you aren't starting from scratch again, you will probably have some taper and it may look different to you than it did before, but the hair you currently have now counts and it will only get better from here - and you may start maintaining it whenever you decide to if you feel like it's getting uneven.

the parts inbetween are kind of funny and aren't as tragic as i thought they'll be - right now my new growth is about 15 cm long (i feel i started noticing it about 8 months ago so the baby hair seems to grow way quicker than the rest; the hair loss slowed down about 3-4 months ago and now probably stopped) and it's right before it starts laying down, so the ends are kind of standing out, but it just makes me feel pretty hopeful that they're growing and i'm not losing hair anymore.

also, know time will make you accept it and make peace with how your hair looks even if you're not actively trying to be accepting at all - i'm a pretty nervous person, and at first i had lots of regrets, kind of freaked out about it, and spent weeks thinking of what could i have done differently, but now it's just. how it is. and it's a cliche but a lot of people have alopecia and for me the problem is just that my hair is... kinda thin but still acceptable? now i can see that this is still something a lot of unfortunate women pray for. you probably are going through the stages of grief and they will resolve with time.

Length
    buzz/hip/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

i'm sorry for the double post, i hope a mod or someone can delete the second one
    Last edited by Chromis; March 4th, 2024 at 09:36 AM. Reason: You got it!