Thread: Excited to be a member! Hi!!

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Excited to be a member! Hi!!

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself real quick, I tend to be too verbose so I will try to keep this short. Haha.

I’m 45 and have had every length of hair imaginable over the last few decades. I’ve had quite a few different hair colors as well. I just chopped off my hair from waist length to an asymmetrical pixie at the end of November.

Third time I’ve done that in my life. The reason this time was that I decided to get rid of the henna on my ends, as some of you know it does not budge and I wanted to go back to a silver light blonde and could not stand the orange ends. Long story short I used to love my henna red and used henna for over a decade but as I’ve gone more white/ gray it does not look the same. It oxidizes to an unnatural color that I don’t like as much … I tried so many mixes with cassia etc etc and never liked the results. Ok, sorry this is getting long … haha.

So I’m at a super short starting point but I do miss my long hair even though when it is this length I always want to cut it and dye it too much etc. I joined LHC because I know I need some accountability and inspiration to stick with my growth goals which at this point are not to cut it at all in 2024. I would like to just let it grow even with all the awkward stages I know are coming. I do want to keep bleaching the roots which I know is not good for hair health … I may change my mind on this but right now I am pleased with the color I’ve achieved and want to see if it’s possible to bleach only my roots every 8 to 12 weeks and grow it out. My natural color contains some silver/ white but I don’t love it at this point. I want more silver! Maybe it will get there someday. )

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Excited to be a member! Hi!!

Howdy, good to meet you! Sounds like you have plenty of good experience. I hope the coming lengths are all enjoyable to you : )

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Welcome! You may be interested in joining the various no trimming challenges for 2024.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    21.5/25/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I can relate to growing out an asymmetrical pixie…it’s a great style and I found it easier than growing out a regular pixie. Good luck with your hair growing aspirations!

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you everyone! I’m on it ETJ CURLS, I joined the no trim 2024 challenge. =)

Vanillacake- yes it’s a great style and it’s been fun for the past few months! I am ready to start the process of growing it out though. It’s good to hear that it’s a bit easier than a regular pixie. I had a super short pixie back in 2018 and it was a bit tortuous to grow out at times for sure and I did a few big cuts out of frustration which made it take much longer to grow out. Hoping to keep myself from doing that this time!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Welcome! Can't wait to see you in those no trim threads!
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Hi and thank you for the welcome everyone

Length
    CBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Welcome, and enjoy LHC! If you're at a loose end I recommend browsing the Polls section and answering some old and new ones!
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.