Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Stick 🖤❣️Lover’s❣️🖤 Thread!

Default Re: Hair Stick 🖤❣️Lover’s❣️🖤 Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kome View Post
    Here's mine that I can't wear right now.

ok I know this is a stick thread, but kome I LOVE that fork you have on the left there, what a pretty blending of colors!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post

I got these 12” x 12” cork tiles at Staples….they came in a 4-pack. A great way to organize your sticks, if you have many, and it will keep them scratch-free.

I will need to hang up a third board soon, because my collection is growing. Haha! My goodness, I could rent them out, I have so many now. ��

Love it! I had a bunch of my hair stuff on peg board for a while, but I ran out of room too lol.
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Oh, I'm definitely digging that multi-color look!

Thank you and welcome, Alexandrina love!

yes I’m really liking the multi-color sticks too….they’re so fanciful and playful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Love it! I had a bunch of my hair stuff on peg board for a while, but I ran out of room too lol.

Haha, yes, it’s a good thing I have a couple more tiles to hang….but at the rate that I’m making hair sticks, I should have those covered by Saturday!

So I made these bling-a-licious sticks earlier, using a gorgeous metallic silver and a metallic rose pink paint. The crystal aurora borealis studded beads shine like diamonds. ⭐️

I think you all know that this isn’t the last pair I will make. Lol. So many endless possibilities. I already have an idea brewing for another pair to create later today….

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

That cork board is such a neat idea.
    I've seen a few of those ready made claw clip boards & thought about purchasing one, but they weren't as versatile & spacious as I would have liked (basically just little cut-outs in a felt-like material were you could hook things on/behind).

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Where did you get all these wonderful beads? I love those rhinestone ones.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I love Ketylos! They are made in America or rather they used to be, I don't think they can be bought any more from the maker but anyway, I'm in England and bought all mine from a UK site called longhairedjewels.

What kind of paint do you use on these?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aeryss View Post
    That cork board is such a neat idea.
    I've seen a few of those ready made claw clip boards & thought about purchasing one, but they weren't as versatile & spacious as I would have liked (basically just little cut-outs in a felt-like material were you could hook things on/behind).

Thank you, doll. The idea came to me one day, when was trying to figure out a way to store my large flexi clip collection, and then I thought, why not hair sticks too!
    You will definitely have to get yourself some cork boards.

Here is my flexi clip cork board. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    Where did you get all these wonderful beads? I love those rhinestone ones.

I know, right love? They’re so fabulous. I have them in other colors too. I get most of my beads from Michael’s craft store and right now where I live, they are having a huge bead sale right now, so I picked up a bunch. On top of the bead sale at Michael’s, my mom also got me her senior’s discount …so I got all my beads pretty cheap.

I also had a ton of beads in my bead boxes from years ago when I used to make bead jewelery with my young neice. You’re also in Canada, so hit Michael’s and you will find those rhinestone beads. If they are sold out, you can order them online!

Welcome to the thread, by the way, Sapphire-o!

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    I love Ketylos! They are made in America or rather they used to be, I don't think they can be bought any more from the maker but anyway, I'm in England and bought all mine from a UK site called longhairedjewels.

Not sure exactly what “Ketylos” are, hun….do you mean corkscrew hair sticks? Maybe you could show us some of yours at some point…they sound very interesting.

Welcome aboard, ClaireNewCastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    What kind of paint do you use on these?

Kat dear, I mostly use simple water-based acryllic paints. Some I even get at the dollarstore for crazy cheap. The stunningly gorgeous metallic paints are made by DecoArt and I get those from Michael’s or local art stores. Last year, I was very much into paint-pouring art so I have a gigantic collection of paints and now I’m using them for my hairnsticks.

As far as the shiny lacquer, at first I was simply painting the sticks with glossy clear nail polish and that worked well. I also tried spraying with a can of shiny varnish and while that result was nice, the stink was too much to bear, even outside.

So now my go-to is painting the sticks with a glossy gel nail lacquer that has to be set in a UV nail lamp. i paint the sticks and pop them into my nail lamp and they are dry in 60 seconds. I’ve found this stuff to be the best because the sticks come out smooth as silk. They come out so unbelievably shiny….they look wet. Just fantastic.

Ok so I threw my hair up fast, just to see how the last sticks I made, look in my hair. As you can see in the bottom left corner, my little bird girl “Coconut” approves.

Oh I’m so loving making these sticks! I’m also tickled that I can control how long the sticks are. So tired of my hair swallowing up short sticks.

Working on some new sticks tonight and can’t wait to show you guys. You guys gotta make some for yourselves. I wish we were all closer, so we could get together and make them!

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Oh and I forget to add this to my last post. I solved the problem of dust on my hair toys on my cork boards…. picked up this ostrich-feather duster yesterday. Lol.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I've been a hair stick lover sinceI discovered this site in 2017, That is when i started making sticks, Please don't make me get all mine together for a photo, but Here are some pic from days gone by.

Lady idun given to me in a 2019 swap

My Wind Song Attic twisted sticks. well some of them

Some squiggly sticks I made from Bamboo

As assortment of sticks from my first efforts

As assortment of sticks I made on a lathe
    Last edited by bparnell75; March 24th, 2023 at 05:43 PM.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.