Thread: New Member, but locked out of many of the features. Help?

Default New Member, but locked out of many of the features. Help?

Hi, I have been a member here for a few months. I've decided that I like the forums, and I'd like to be more active.

I have made a few posts and replies, but for some reason I cannot access many of the forum pages, including my own profile page. When I try, there is a little black box that says:

Software Message

yeshuasdaughter, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Also, is there a little box somewhere on the forum site that tells me when I have a reply to one of my posts?

How do I send private messages to a moderator, admin, or another member?

Thank you so much for the help

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: New Member, but locked out of many of the features. Help?

Hello! Take some time to explore the areas that are available to you as a new member. Pay special attention to the stickied threads in each sub forum and any links in site banners (yellow and blue bars). This stickied list of forum permissions is particularly useful.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Yes, getting to 25 posts will unlock many of the missing features like your profile and private messaging.

Unfortunately, we don't get notifications for replies on the forums (you would only get them for PMs, visitor messages, and photo album comments). But you can do an advanced search of your name (in the upper right corner) to see when you've been quoted or mentioned.

thank you, ladies. this helps a lot.