Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1203

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    Pixie/Hip?/Term.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by RedIris View Post
    Darker would DEFINITELY make it look healthier. It would actually disguise some of the visible/textural differences you're worried about
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    from my experience damage is definitely more noticeable on light hair.

Thank you both for the reply! Another pro then

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

I just want to self congratulate here. I followed this rule this time. I was considering coloring my hair for the first time in years, so I took 2 weeks to think about it and changed my mind. I'm glad I didn't do it as even non-permanent dyes bring on hair loss for me and I already have thinning.

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    I just want to self congratulate here. I followed this rule this time. I was considering coloring my hair for the first time in years, so I took 2 weeks to think about it and changed my mind. I'm glad I didn't do it as even non-permanent dyes bring on hair loss for me and I already have thinning.
    That's wonderful! So glad you were able to fully utilise the 2 week rule
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I am absolutely sick of my hair at the moment, well for the past few months recently.

I’ve been growing it out for 2 years, passed my overall waist goal and now nearing hip but I just hate how my hair looks.

I wore it in buns almost daily for a year but all I want to do at the moment is wear it down and it just…. Flops. It’s shapeless and just hangs hopelessly.

It gets tangled and there is hair all over my house. I feel like I’m only keeping it because I used to want it long, or to see how it’ll look when longer, but not because I’m enjoying it.

I realised I have the 12 inch desired length to donate it and I just want to start again. I want to enjoy wearing my hair down and having it in a style. Plus this would cut out the dye and I’d be fully my own natural colour again.

My biggest fear is the regret but then again if I really regret it then it’s only 2 years to get it back….

I tried experimenting with buns but I’m at a weird length where they all give me headaches, plus I just don’t like how I look with all my hair pulled back.

BIG dilemma.
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    I am absolutely sick of my hair at the moment, well for the past few months recently.

I’ve been growing it out for 2 years, passed my overall waist goal and now nearing hip but I just hate how my hair looks.

I wore it in buns almost daily for a year but all I want to do at the moment is wear it down and it just…. Flops. It’s shapeless and just hangs hopelessly.

It gets tangled and there is hair all over my house. I feel like I’m only keeping it because I used to want it long, or to see how it’ll look when longer, but not because I’m enjoying it.

I realised I have the 12 inch desired length to donate it and I just want to start again. I want to enjoy wearing my hair down and having it in a style. Plus this would cut out the dye and I’d be fully my own natural colour again.

My biggest fear is the regret but then again if I really regret it then it’s only 2 years to get it back….

I tried experimenting with buns but I’m at a weird length where they all give me headaches, plus I just don’t like how I look with all my hair pulled back.

BIG dilemma.
    Okay I have a few things to say to this:

1. Waiting on your cranky feelings is obviously a great idea, so go you for posting on this thread.

2. If buns hurt your head and you don’t like how your hair looks all pulled back, maybe look into milkmaid braids, coronet braids, and other styles like that. This one comes to mind: https://youtu.be/Tt1-iegWfQY and this YTer has lots of great videos for your length. I think she’s a member here?

3. If you explore those types of styles and they aren’t your jam, maybe longer hair isn’t for you? Most folks with very long hair do keep it up most of time both to keep it healthy and because it’s super impractical to keep very long hair down! I can’t even wear my hair in a single English braid for very long before it flops down and the tassel gets stuck in something that requires a wash.

4. Another option for keeping length but letting it be less heavy and more conducive to wearing it down is adding some layers in. This I personally know nothing about so I can’t add more to this suggestion but I’m sure you can do more research.

Anyway I hope this helps a bit??
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I want to henna+indigo my hair and yes, I know it’s a big commitment. I’ve watched so many hennasooq videos and read all of nightshade’s articles. I will start with cassia (and/or amla) to see how I feel about powder-based hair care routine, and then maybe add a tiny bit of henna as a gloss and gradually increase. My main purpose is to have healthy shiny thick hair that henna will bring as it fills the little gaps in my shafts and protect my very old ends that’s been lightened by lemon juice and sun. I know no matter how much percentage of henna I use, it won’t be very obvious on my almost black hair for the first time, but will definitely build up as I retouch, and I know indigo will fade eventually, it’s a dye for temporary inky hair satisfaction, not a real hair care component. My hair will probably be very dry after the first application so I also prepare to add aloe powder and oil into the mix as hennasooq suggested so many times. And no, I will never put lemon juice on my hair again.
    Rest assured I will do strand tests on my shed first.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; July 22nd, 2022 at 10:32 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    14/27/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Omg I have been passionate about jet black hair all my life and dyed my hair black for years... But I decided to stop playing with my hair and let my natural hair color grow, which is a ash golden medium brown if it makes sense and I do love it.
    So I dyed my hair black for the last time 5 months ago but it faded to dark brown. I have 3 inches of natural hair growth.
    So a few days ago I used Bigen (first time trying) but only on my faded dyed hair, not on my roots and OMG it came up so black blackest black and I'm sooo in loveeee! I always had problems with all hair dyes not being black enough but this one is insaneee!

Sooo I'm very tempted to dye my roots!!!! But I also want to recover my natural color, I don't know what to door! I already have 3 inches which is nothing but huge progress for meee.
    That's why I'm here in the 2 weeks rule, should I dye my roots or not??
    SL...APL...BSL...WL
    Goal: Healthy Hair. Current Length: 27"

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by browntatis View Post
    Omg I have been passionate about jet black hair all my life and dyed my hair black for years... But I decided to stop playing with my hair and let my natural hair color grow, which is a ash golden medium brown if it makes sense and I do love it.
    So I dyed my hair black for the last time 5 months ago but it faded to dark brown. I have 3 inches of natural hair growth.
    So a few days ago I used Bigen (first time trying) but only on my faded dyed hair, not on my roots and OMG it came up so black blackest black and I'm sooo in loveeee! I always had problems with all hair dyes not being black enough but this one is insaneee!

Sooo I'm very tempted to dye my roots!!!! But I also want to recover my natural color, I don't know what to door! I already have 3 inches which is nothing but huge progress for meee.
    That's why I'm here in the 2 weeks rule, should I dye my roots or not??
    I've never heard of Bigan I have to check that out, and if you want to keep growing your hair natural but like the black look how bout getting a black toner, it fades out over time or even those wash out root sprays but that only lasts to your next wash

· Into The Deep Sea · mermaid lullaby's Avatar
    Length
    20/32/33.5
    Type
    1c/C/iii

It's 90°F and it's so hot here...

I'm going to stay calm, and try to not touch the scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid lullaby View Post
    It's 90°F and it's so hot here...

I'm going to stay calm, and try to not touch the scissors.
    You can do it! I just made it through a week like that, and the heat finally broke overnight. It’s 70F now and I finally let my hair down for a break to my scalp after a week of up 24 hrs a day.

Edit:
    I want to use sun-in to blend my regrowth and bleached ends, just on the crown. I’ve done it in the past with no ill effects, just lifts it about 1 level. I’ve been stubborn for nearly 2 years to use nothing, but…. I just want something slightly lighter. If I make it the 2 weeks I may try honey lightening instead.
    Last edited by rosenester; July 26th, 2022 at 07:10 AM.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th