Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rose Vinegar Hair Rinse

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Rose Vinegar Hair Rinse

Oh, that does sound nice. I haven't checked mine in awhile but it's probably ready to be bottled.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    Okay, so today was wash day and I used the rose vinegar as a rinse after shampoo and conditioner. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed it out. The smell was like a light rosey vinegar but way less pungent than acv (hate that smell). Now that my hair is dry it is way shinier and fluffier than before. My scalp likes it too. No vinegar smell to detect so I’m very very happy. Acv always left my hair smelling like vinegar no matter what percentage in the rinse.
    How has the vinegar rinse been going? I finally bottled mine today, found a beautiful glass bottle with roses to put it in.

Can't wait to try it out, hoping my irritated scalp will like it.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    How has the vinegar rinse been going? I finally bottled mine today, found a beautiful glass bottle with roses to put it in.

Can't wait to try it out, hoping my irritated scalp will like it.
    The vinegar is still going strong! I use it once a week after shampoo and conditioner. I dilute it in a squirt bottle with shower water. It makes my scalp and hair feel good! I don’t smell it after washing but it surely smells like roses when I open the bottle. The mother is still in the fridge doing it’s thing, I’m planning on making another batch soon. The glass bottle with roses sounds lovely

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Good to hear its worth the trouble to make. I diluted some in a spray bottle that I use to apply on my scalp, thats my problem area. I did a quick rinse and was surprised by the lingering scent of rose, it didn't last long though.
    It seems to have softened my hair, kinda hard to tell since I buzzed my head a couple weeks ago.

I've also been using it as a toner, just pat a little onto my skin after cleansing. Not sure its doing anything but I'll keep at it.

I've been reading about infusing acv with rose instead of starting from scratch. Using red petals makes a really deep red vinegar. I might try that next year when I can harvest my roses again. Try to make a really concentrated infusion.