Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 3868

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I find bathroom Lighting in general is awful.
    Wow you are right. The bathroom lighting makes it look so much more obvious. It's been months since I've taken any shots in natural light. I didn't realize how closely the roots and length match! http://imgur.com/a/Wb3QX9u

The length is like maybe half a shade darker at most, if that. It's hard to tell at this point. It's been 6 months since I did the Sun-In treatment and it's definitely faded more since then. I think frequent oiling has maybe helped? It's also sparkling again in direct sunlight, which it didn't do (surprisingly!) after the Red Raj oxidized. I was worried it never would again.

Here's the actual color gradient in ambient, natural lighting (the darkest corner of my living room): http://imgur.com/a/sHo83Z6

It's been a month since I've touched up the roots but thankfully it's hard to tell. I've been using this blend for maybe 6 months now, and you can sort of see where the length is a touch more rosey, but I think at this point I'm done bleaching. I want to focus on growing now, I think.

Edit: forgot to add that this blend is 100g Fire Genasi + 10g Fox Fire from Nightblooming, left on damp roots for 2 hours (in case anyone is interested in trying it). Maybe not the most exciting color indoors, but it's great for those of us who don't suit pure henna.
    Last edited by stardust lady; September 25th, 2021 at 03:20 PM.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Ooh, super pretty. It totally does look like it could be your natural hair. Nice job

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I’m sure this is answered elsewhere but I am terrible at the LHC search function… but does cassia have the same health properties as henna? I have been very tempted to do a gloss but wouldn’t want to go far into the reds and my hair is relatively light.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Cassia has hair conditioning properties but not the same as henna. There’s also sedr that is supposed to be like henna as far as conditioning but with no color. I’ve read mixed reviews from people on how they like it, and I have never used it myself. I thibk cassia will improve shine but not add so much thickness and sedr should add a thickness.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Cassia has hair conditioning properties but not the same as henna. There’s also sedr that is supposed to be like henna as far as conditioning but with no color. I’ve read mixed reviews from people on how they like it, and I have never used it myself. I thibk cassia will improve shine but not add so much thickness and sedr should add a thickness.
    Thanks, Jane! I’ll do some research and see what I come up with.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    Wow you are right. The bathroom lighting makes it look so much more obvious. It's been months since I've taken any shots in natural light. I didn't realize how closely the roots and length match! http://imgur.com/a/Wb3QX9u

The length is like maybe half a shade darker at most, if that. It's hard to tell at this point. It's been 6 months since I did the Sun-In treatment and it's definitely faded more since then. I think frequent oiling has maybe helped? It's also sparkling again in direct sunlight, which it didn't do (surprisingly!) after the Red Raj oxidized. I was worried it never would again.

Here's the actual color gradient in ambient, natural lighting (the darkest corner of my living room): http://imgur.com/a/sHo83Z6

It's been a month since I've touched up the roots but thankfully it's hard to tell. I've been using this blend for maybe 6 months now, and you can sort of see where the length is a touch more rosey, but I think at this point I'm done bleaching. I want to focus on growing now, I think.

Edit: forgot to add that this blend is 100g Fire Genasi + 10g Fox Fire from Nightblooming, left on damp roots for 2 hours (in case anyone is interested in trying it). Maybe not the most exciting color indoors, but it's great for those of us who don't suit pure henna.
    I love the colour! It looks amazing!
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

In my restless dreams, I see that town...
    Length
    12/hip/Thigh
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I finally took the henna plunge after thinking about it for a few years and finally buying Enyo from NightBlooming. I had done henna-like dyes before, but the texture of this henna mix was amazing! It didn't run or drip at all, and wasn't nearly as messy as I had experienced in the past. I added Selkie and Hinoki to my mix, and kept it on for a little over two hours after dye release. My virgin hair is pretty shiny, but my length and ends were pretty dull, which I assume was due to damage I caused my chemical dye mishaps. Now the whole length has shine and feels so much stronger! My hair is pretty fragile, so I'm very interested in the strengthening properties of henna.

I prefer a cool red, so I will probably do a second whole head application in a month or so before switching to roots only. But I'm a henna convert now.

Last edited by Hellebore; September 30th, 2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Edited to add a photo!
    Hovering at hip this year! Hip hip hooray!

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I guess I'm back on the henna train again. I'm thinking about doing a either a 50/50 or 25/75 henna/indigo gloss cut with silicone free conditioner. If anyone has any tips for glossing let me know, I was rearching a bit but any updated info is helpful. Also, I want to avoid dying my natural color up by the root as much as possible, so I was thinking about saturating my natural color with coconut oil and then glossing the lengths. Does any know if that would be a good method to repel the dye? I know henna has to be done on clean hair so I figured making the spots I don't want it to adhere to dirty would help prevent any unwanted spots or streaks.

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    I finally took the henna plunge after thinking about it for a few years and finally buying Enyo from NightBlooming. I had done henna-like dyes before, but the texture of this henna mix was amazing! It didn't run or drip at all, and wasn't nearly as messy as I had experienced in the past. I added Selkie and Hinoki to my mix, and kept it on for a little over two hours after dye release. My virgin hair is pretty shiny, but my length and ends were pretty dull, which I assume was due to damage I caused my chemical dye mishaps. Now the whole length has shine and feels so much stronger! My hair is pretty fragile, so I'm very interested in the strengthening properties of henna.

I prefer a cool red, so I will probably do a second whole head application in a month or so before switching to roots only. But I'm a henna convert now.
    I LOVEEE this color. I tried to get this out of a box in 2019 but it always faded so quickly.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Hellebore your hair turned out lovely!! You have a gorgeous shade of red.

Fae I often will use coconut oil on my hair when I henna and the dye still sticks. I’ve read on here, for some people coconut oil will make the henna fade more quickly or not come out as vivid but I would not use it as henna repellent. It’s a tricky proposal to henna lengths but not roots. In the reverse, if I’m doing a “roots only” henna, I’ll do cassia on my lengths. Maybe that could work for you?