Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camila clips?

Length
    27.5"/35"/36"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Camila clips?

My husband recently purchased several of the camila clips for me as a surprise. Just wondering what the actual difference is between these and ficcare??
    I am Christian. This said, if you post to me in an effort to make a micro-aggression against my faith, values, freedoms, or against my religion; refrain. I do not tell others what to do and expect the same respect in return both on LHC and IRL. Thank you.

Length
    13/34/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Camila clips?

never heard of them. Any pictures? If you're in US, just go to any Nordstrom and you can see and touch Ficcares.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Excuse me, but what are "camila clips". Google just sends me to pages of "regular" claw clips.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    27.5"/35"/36"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    never heard of them. Any pictures? If you're in US, just go to any Nordstrom and you can see and touch Ficcares.
    Oh haha, I do live in the United States and I have four ficcares now. Camila Paris is the brand, hereís an Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/C...4-09482ab449f5

Iíve never heard of these before and just wondered if anyone else would ever try them theyíre a lot less than half the price of a ficcare, but are still handmade acetate in France? Unless Iím missing something here. Of the four of these my husband got for me over the weekend Iím pretty impressed with the spring and texture of all of them.

I had to edit my post because Siri did not transcribe exactly what I said. Lol
    Last edited by Strands; May 17th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.

Length
    27.5"/35"/36"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Excuse me, but what are "camila clips". Google just sends me to pages of "regular" claw clips.
    Brand, Camila Paris from what I saw.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/C...4-09482ab449f5

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yeah, they seem like regular clap clips to me, not worth the more expensive price tag, but who knows maybe the quality is super nice that should you drop them, they don't lose a leg. I mean, around and over $10 for one measly claw clip? Nope. I see Walmart sells them too, but still, price is as expensive. I am used to paying a couple euro at the most for a large claw clip.

The claw clip in one of my updos in my private album? 1 euro. No joke and it's a really sturdy one.

I love things like (in the EU) "Zenner", and they are more pricy already at their quite low price, for me. I am used to dollar store or "Action" discounter prices. If it's all you can do, it's all you can do.
    Last edited by lapushka; May 17th, 2021 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Do you mean the maximas shaped ones? Ficcare are metal.

lapushka there is supposed to be a difference between French acetate and plastic, but I don't know exactly what. Some of the other brands say they're handmade so it's possible these may be as well, or perhaps hand-finished. I do know that acetate won't have seams or sharp bits from a mould like plastic can have, though the quality of finish isn't inherently guaranteed.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Do you mean the maximas shaped ones? Ficcare are metal.

lapushka there is supposed to be a difference between French acetate and plastic, but I don't know exactly what. Some of the other brands say they're handmade so it's possible these may be as well, or perhaps hand-finished. I do know that acetate won't have seams or sharp bits from a mould like plastic can have, though the quality of finish isn't inherently guaranteed.
    Still, if you drop either... it's gonna lose a leg depending on how it hits stuff or falls. So I'm clumsy enough not to even want to spend too much on them, but that's me, right? Claw clips aren't a necessity for me. I attach my giant turbie with it, I use them for clipping my hair up while it's drying (curly girl style). So to me it doesn't have to cost that much.

But others might see it differently.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Still, if you drop either... it's gonna lose a leg depending on how it hits stuff or falls. So I'm clumsy enough not to even want to spend too much on them, but that's me, right? Claw clips aren't a necessity for me. I attach my giant turbie with it, I use them for clipping my hair up while it's drying (curly girl style). So to me it doesn't have to cost that much.

But others might see it differently.
    I think like with any accessory, how much you use it and how important it is definitely influences how much one is willing to pay.

There are quite a few clips in the brand that aren't just claw clips - the ficarre shaped one for starters - so they would need to be of a certain quality to be study enough to do the job. There's a brand, something Roche that does several different types including that ficarre shape, and ... oh, I can't remember, Parcelona? Then of course there's France Luxe, but they're almost like the Ficarre of the acetate clip world

[I kind of wish I had the energy to be experimenting because they all do some very pretty and very interesting-looking clips, but I really can't justify accumulating different clips to try, especially when international postage means a) more expense to start with and b) a limited market of interest on the swap board if I tried to resell any that didn't work for me.]
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Don't get me wrong; willing to spend on hair accessories, but I think... for claw clips? I don't know. I'm cheap on those, because I break them a lot.

Had never heard of the brand. We have "Zenner" as our most popular claw clip maker in Belgium.