Page 481 of 490 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 4896

Thread: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections

Thanks everyone for looking into it (especially Jane-marie)! I'm worried about her too. Hopefully it's just coronavirus chaos and nothing serious. I probably have enough of a start to get off the thread but it would be nice to see this back up and running so that others can have a similar opportunity.

There seems to have been some interest in donating items further up the thread, and I'd love to see some of the things rags donated in some lovely heads of hair!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections

Hi all,

Sorry if I caused any worry. I am fine and so is my family although it's been a doozy of a year. My on-site landlord and friend died from COVID back at the beginning of April and I had been working remotely through June. My youngest daughter and I contracted the virus from him, but we made it through with some minimal symptoms for a couple of weeks. I did lose my sense of smell and taste. I can taste things now, but the smell is weird. Sometimes, I can't smell anything at all and sometimes, everything whether good or bad smells the same.

Working remotely has been an adventure. Oddly enough working remotely is more work than being in the office. We hardly went out of the house for 3 months due to quarantine throughout the City. Then, we had to work on reopening our office, which took a LOT of planning. Now, I am just always busy trying to manage my team somewhat remotely and then going into the office a couple of times a week. The neighborhood has gotten worse and crime has spiked substantially. I try not to travel during lower peak times since you're more vulnerable when no one is around. However, all the back and forth eats up a lot of my time and now that you can't order out as easily, kids are at home all the time, and everything is being cooked from scratch, that also takes up a lot of time.

I do have quite a few hairtoys left and am thinking of the best way to get them out to newbies, but I am not interested in adding more toys to the pile. I am hoping at some point, once the boxes I have are depleted, someone else can take over RAOK. Right now, I have limited time, but I can send out a few packages out per week. I don't think I can resume shipping out internationally at least not until things go back to a normal more akin to the way it was (where it's safe to be standing on long lines waiting to mail stuff out)....maybe once a functional vaccine is available to the mainstream.

Anyways, I do appreciate your concern and will come up with a plan to move forward sometime soon. I also need to backtrack a bit to figure out where I left off although if memory serves, I did manage to get through the list minus 2 international shipments.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; September 3rd, 2020 at 09:27 PM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I am so happy to here that you are safe!

I have tons of time. As right now I am staying at home to avoid covid... so no work and no school. It's been terribly boring and I cold use something to occupy my time.

If you are interested in a relatively new person (I've been here over a year now) taking over I would love to give back. I live in a much more rural area and packages are picked up at my door. So it would be pretty free from danger.

Feel free to message me if you want to.

Type
    1b/F/i

I am super glad to see that you are safe too! I was trying to figure out how to extract your email address from some records I have but I'm not very tech savvy. Better this way anyway. Sorry that you had Covid and still have effects. Glad, just glad, you are safe.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thanks, lunasea and I'm very glad everyone is doing well on here also.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Oh, I'm just so glad you're safe, Dream-Goil! I'm sorry you dealt with Covid, and so sorry for the death of your friend.

But I'm very glad you're ok! I know everyone understands that life is crazy right now (certainly I do). It sounds like you have a whole lot on your plate! Maybe soon we will get a good vaccine and things will calm back down. I don't blame you, I wouldn't put myself at risk at ALL to mail things at the moment.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thanks for your understanding and support, rags
    DweamGoiL

Length
    Ear L/35in/Class
    Type
    1c/M/C/i/ii

Very sad to see this thread dead. I just wanted to bring some love and say thank you to everyone who has ever helped someone here.

To the people who have helped me, I still use the things I have received daily or even weekly! I wanted everyone to know that even though this thread is dead, the amazing people involved are still helping people months later. Thank you all again!

SL APL BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Classic(Goal)
    Trim April 2017/Nov 2020. 1b/1c/M/C/i/ii. No heat.
    Braid or bun everyday. 35 inches exactly from hairline to ends May 2021!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - FREE Hair Toys to Build Very Modest Collections

I’m planning to start activating this thread again. I have quite a few items left over from the many donations received over the years. Since it’s been so long, I have lost track of previous sign ups so if I missed you last time around, my apologies, and please sign up now. I will be posting 3 pictures at a time with groups of items in 3 different categories; a) hair sticks, b) hair forks, and c) other items (ranging from flexi’s, headbands, leather items, etc.). The goal is to end up with one item from each category yielding a maximum of 3 items for each person. Once the items from the pictures are depleted, I will post new ones to make inventory available for new members signing up.

This offer is open to any interested new to the forum members (those who have been on the forum for less than 1 year), and who have posted enough to be able to PM me (usually 25 posts). Please do not post you wishing to be added to the list on the thread since I don't check in often enough to see it. You will be responsible for upfront shipping costs. For most items this will be $8.45 for USPS Priority Shipping. At this time, I am not mailing internationally. Perhaps this may be an option after the pandemic wraps up.

Once your package has been sent out, you will receive a tracking number. Since these items are available due to the generosity of members here on the forum, please post pictures of them in your hair once you receive them. Donors love to see their beloved items go to good use around here. Other than that, I will be going through the list in the order that the names are received.

Lastly, thanks for the lovely sentiment, WyntreBlossom. I am glad you use your gifted items regularly

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; April 30th, 2021 at 04:13 PM.
    DweamGoiL

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - FREE Hair Toys to Build Very Modest Collections

CATEGORY A - These are the Hairsticks available to choose from for the first 10 members to sign up:

#00440 – 6.25" Wooden Spiral Hairstick (Maybe Maple, Pine, or Birch) – Over the Hawaiian Moon
    #00173 - CLAIMED BY ALEWYN - 6.5" Spiral Wooden Hairstick – Timberstone Turnings - CLAIMED BY ALEWYN
    #00114 - CLAIMED BY -Aithne- - 6.75" Light and Dark Wood Hybrid Hairstick with Ornate Acrylic Topper – Unknown Maker - CLAIMED BY -Aithne-

#00441 - Single 6" Black and Silver Acrylic Hairstick – Ead
    #00293 - CLAIMED BY SANDYBOTTOM - 6" Turned Acrylic Hairstick in Coconut and Magenta - Outnumbered Novelties - CLAIMED BY SANDYBOTTOM
    #00366 - CLAIMED BY SHUG - 6" African Blackwood and Amethyst Inlay with Gold Leaf Hairstick – Timberstone Turnings - CLAIMED BY SHUG
    #00363 - CLAIMED BY SHELOMIT - Pair of 5" Unknown Wood Corkscrew Hairsticks (Perhaps Cherrywood) – Ketylo - CLAIMED BY SHELOMIT
    #00359 - 6" Pair of Zebrawood Spiral Hairsticks – Mamacat
    #00378 - CLAIMED BY BRIGHT - 6" Pink Ivory Hair Nail – Hacksaw - CLAIMED BY BRIGHT
    #00442 - 5" Pair of Light Olive Green Tourmaline Acrylic Hairsticks - Ead
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; August 22nd, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
    DweamGoiL