View Poll Results: What you Goal Length?

Voters
704. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder

3 0.43%
  • BSL

31 4.40%
  • Lower Back

96 13.64%
  • Hip

93 13.21%
  • Tailbone

135 19.18%
  • Classic

143 20.31%
  • Finger tip

42 5.97%
  • Upper Half of leg (includes knee)

54 7.67%
  • Lower half of leg (to Floor)

28 3.98%
  • Terminal

79 11.22%
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair length goal

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

Default Re: Hair length goal

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    My current is to get to knee

baggs30, I think if you look at Poll Results, your response is in italics
    Oh, yes I do see that! I choose Upper Half of leg (includes knee), but if it gets longer than that I would be content as well.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

My current is to get to knee

baggs30, I think if you look at Poll Results, your response is in italics
    Thank you!

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Trying to reach the floor...

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Trying to reach the floor...
    You'll get it. Do you have any idea how long your terminal length is?

From my bag of "sheds" I started collecting over 2.5 years ago, I now estimate I'm losing about half the new hair I am growing every year. With more data (I've only got 2 data points) I think I can estimate how much more time I have until my rate of growth equals my rate of loss and that will be, I think, at my terminal length
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

You'll get it. Do you have any idea how long your terminal length is?

From my bag of "sheds" I started collecting over 2.5 years ago, I now estimate I'm losing about half the new hair I am growing every year. With more data (I've only got 2 data points) I think I can estimate how much more time I have until my rate of growth equals my rate of loss and that will be, I think, at my terminal length
    I'm not sure! That's really cool you can estimate it like that, I wouldn't know how to do it. What do you figure your terminal is? The method I've seen is measuring/plotting thickness against length. Assuming it's linear, you could extrapolate and find the length it should hit zero. I haven't tried it yet (lots of measuring...) but I hope it's beyond floor

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    I'm not sure! That's really cool you can estimate it like that, I wouldn't know how to do it. What do you figure your terminal is? The method I've seen is measuring/plotting thickness against length. Assuming it's linear, you could extrapolate and find the length it should hit zero. I haven't tried it yet (lots of measuring...) but I hope it's beyond floor

I'm not sure either! I haven't collected enough hair (data), yet. And even with more hair, it's sort of a handwaving argument based on a growth of about 2oz of new hair every year and collecting and weighing all the lost hairs for comparison. Something to do while waiting

I've heard of the taper extrapolation method. While a string is the most accurate for absolute measure of circumference, I think the fastest way to measure thickness versus length uses a zip tie. The ratchet of the tie makes tactile/audible "clicks" as it is closed and tightened. The clicks indicate precise changes in length of the tie. At the nape the circumference is known from other measures you can tighten the zip tie there. Then slide it down 6" and count the number clicks to retighten. The number of clicks tells you the change in perimenter of the tie 6" below its previous value. Slide the tie down another 6" and repeat. Seems quick and reproducible enough. I just might try it, maybe this weekend, rather than wait another 3 months to add to my "stash" for another data point.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I'm not sure either! I haven't collected enough hair (data), yet. And even with more hair, it's sort of a handwaving argument based on a growth of about 2oz of new hair every year and collecting and weighing all the lost hairs for comparison. Something to do while waiting

I've heard of the taper extrapolation method. While a string is the most accurate for absolute measure of circumference, I think the fastest way to measure thickness versus length uses a zip tie. The ratchet of the tie makes tactile/audible "clicks" as it is closed and tightened. The clicks indicate precise changes in length of the tie. At the nape the circumference is known from other measures you can tighten the zip tie there. Then slide it down 6" and count the number clicks to retighten. The number of clicks tells you the change in perimenter of the tie 6" below its previous value. Slide the tie down another 6" and repeat. Seems quick and reproducible enough. I just might try it, maybe this weekend, rather than wait another 3 months to add to my "stash" for another data point.
    Cool! I think I'll try it soon too. It would be interesting to see if you get the same or different estimations for your two methods!

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm still going for classic length

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

It appears that I, long ago, voted for hip length. Haha! Now the goal is classic.

But despite the creep of LHCitis, I do think that a pretty hard limit for me — something I really see myself sticking to — is hair no longer than my arms. That would make it much harder to brush out.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

My goals changed from floor to Fingertip/Mid Thigh, if I like the quality I might grow longer