Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Post How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Hi all! New member "dreamingofcurls" here!

I still have yet to "type" my hair because it's been awhile since I last took accurate pics, and I just washed my hair on Saturday. I'm debating whether or not to wash it tonight or tomorrow, or to wait the extra couple of days since I've heard before that it's best to wash once a week if possible. I'm just so excited to finally figure out what type I am!

I've dreamed of having long hair for years, ever since I was in grade school. One of the girls in my class had the prettiest classic length hair, the likes of which I'd never seen (outside of stories/films). This is the first time I think I've really established a more honest effort towards meeting that goal though, so we'll see how it goes!
    How long has it been since you guys started working on your hair? Growing it, becoming more familiar with it, establishing certain habits, etc?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I've been on my long hair journey off and on since I was 14 years old in high school. When I reached the age of 18 I did reach BSL but then I cut it back to shoulder length, and I wore it at that length for many years from 18 years old up until I was 26 years old. I got some extension and let it grow out to a little pass my shoulders up until I made 26 years old. Then, when I made either 28 or 29 years old I decided to bleach my hair and it was still rather long like armpit length. Then, I darkened it to a plum color, and it was still long at armpit length. Then, I bleached it again when I was in my early 30's, and I would get scissor-happy and trimmed it back to shoulder length. Then come 2010 is when I first discovered LHC, and I've been on my long hair journey ever since. i've been growing my hair long for the last 10 years.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

It'll be 10 years this October since I started growing, starting around BSL. It's a long road but an enjoyable one; my younger self would be very happy to see where I am now.

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I suppose my current hair journey started in December of 2019. I started growing out my hair from a pixie a few years before that, but due to some hair decisions I made I chopped off a bunch of damage at that time and made a dedicated effort to take better care of my hair and grow it really long. Once I found LHC, it became a lot easier and I've been learning new things about my hair and hair care in general ever since!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Welcome! I had long hair since childhood after wanting to grow it from a bob around age 6, but I didn't know how to take care of it so had an annual chop to get rid of what I now know were damaged ends and I kind of was stuck between hip~tbl give or take a couple of inches. Until the end of 2016, a few months after I came across LHC (I was looking for ideas trying to find a new shampoo / washing methods) and that's when I decided to stop using hair elastics and try to look after my hair better, just to see if it *could* grow beyond tailbone length. So 4 years
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

This month marks 8 years from pixie. I whacked off all the layers when the shortest was around BSL-ish, I think.

I did grow to knee several times in the past.

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Welcome to the forum

I've started properly looking after my hair in 2017. I dyed it for one last time - I got balayage, so it blended the roots with the bleached ends. I started with a very natural approach to hair care and that's how I found the forum. It's going to be 3 years since I joined soon

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Hello welcome
    I began my hair growth journey in 2019. I decided if I wanted to grow my hair long, I had to give up heat because I would use flat irons and blow dryers obsessively. My hair is longer than its ever been at mid back length now, I'm still slowly removing bits of heat damage but my hair should be completely virgin in another year with microtrims and regular S&Ding. I'm hoping to reach TBL, maybe longer if I decide

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I would say my journey has been on and off, I grew up always with long hair but puberty and experiments ruined it. I chopped it to chin length late 2019 and have been growing it since.

I have only properly cared about my hair in lockdown, before i would bleach it and just treat it horribly. Now i’m very gentle and excited to grow it out!

Length
    22APL/34HL/43CLS
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My current hair journey started 5 years ago after a disastrous shoulder length perm. Once all the damage was trimmed off every 3 months for a couple of years, I started looking after my hair much better and now it’s at waist - the longest it’s ever been!

Before this, I’ve always wanted waist length ever since I was a child, but my parents were against me having any long hair - even into my teens. Of course by then, peer pressure attributed to me keeping my hair at shoulder length and then I had perms on and off for several years in the late 80s and 90s. I would try to grow my hair long in between and it would reach armpit length, but then I would get bored and cut it into a bob or have another perm. Now at my age, I don’t care what others think, what I should do with my hair!
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg</a>