Thread: Where are the best places to be in the world for long haired men?

Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Default Where are the best places to be in the world for long haired men?

I hope to receive good insight since I havent much found it elsewhere. If I have a son, I know he will probably want to have it like how I wanted to have it at a young age.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Where are the best places to be in the world for long haired men?

I'd say Finland is pretty good due to the extremely strong presence of metal music. I see lots of long-haired men around, both of my brothers included, and think nothing of it, never have. I have personally always equated long hair on a man to long hair on a woman.

The rest of the Nordics aren't that bad either.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Type
    1a/F/i

I imagine you'll find communities just about anywhere although some places will adhere more strictly to religious or peer codes.

Besides, there's no way to tell how a hypothetical child will want to wear their hair at some point in the future. It all depends on parents, peers and what's in fashion

My friend's most impressive fourth ever braid on real hair a week after first learning, february-23.

Type
    2a/C/iii

I would not worry. Long hair on men has not been perceived negatively for half a century. This is especially true in large urban areas that are already quite diverse.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

You might be met with some resistance, pretty much anywhere. But those are the same people that would judge you for other stuff. Their opinion truly doesn't matter.
    Around here I see plenty of men with long hair, even working as employees at the places I'm at. Nobody really makes a fuss. They make more of a fuss over dye and piercings haha.

Although the story changes if you're black... there's still a lot of deeply ingrained racism that leads people to think afro hair, especially long, is "unprofessional". And most people that believe this don't even realize why they think that way :/
    But luckily a lot of people are moving away from that old world thinking day by day, so hopefully in the future even that won't be an issue.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Bob/MBL/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by YunaGation View Post
    If I have a son, I know he will probably want to have it like how I wanted to have it at a young age.

I would not assume this at all. He may, or he may want to be as different from his parents as possible. Kids, ya know?