Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cone-free Protein Condish Recs?

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Cone-free Protein Condish Recs?

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a conditioner with protein to put in my rotation. I have color treated hair, can’t use wheat proteins and don’t use cones. I also don’t want to have to make anything. My hair generally loves protein so high up on the ingredient list is great. Any recommendations?
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Length
    bsl/class/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Cone-free Protein Condish Recs?

Not sure if It has wheat protein or not but a fantastic protein conditioner that I used before I went vegan was the Shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil conditioner.

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Not sure if It has wheat protein or not but a fantastic protein conditioner that I used before I went vegan was the Shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil conditioner.
    Thanks for the recommendation gingerninja! It looks like the shampoo is gluten-free but can't find anything online about the conditioner. Will contact the company to be sure.

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I've been looking at Briogeo's Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Shea Curl Defining Conditioner , Not Your Mother's Curl Talk 3-in-1 Conditioner, and Aubrey's GPB Conditioner as I'm also trying to encourage waves in my hair. Aubrey's used to be good but since the formula change it seems to get bad reviews.

Has anyone used any of these products?

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy-b View Post
    I've been looking at Briogeo's Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Shea Curl Defining Conditioner , Not Your Mother's Curl Talk 3-in-1 Conditioner, and Aubrey's GPB Conditioner as I'm also trying to encourage waves in my hair. Aubrey's used to be good but since the formula change it seems to get bad reviews.

Has anyone used any of these products?
    Aubrey Organics completely ruined their products. That GPB Protein conditioner used to be one of my favorites, now it’s full of shea butter and weighs my hair down (makes it heavy and flat, yet not detangled or conditioned). I *hate* it.

Do you know which one I do like, is Clairol ithrive Keratin conditioner (the one in the black tube with purple). I believe it has 1 water soluble silicone in it, but it works really well without weighing your hair down. I love that one.
    Last edited by renia22; March 3rd, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    Aubrey Organics completely ruined their products. That GPB Protein conditioner used to be one of my favorites, now it’s full of shea butter and weighs my hair down (makes it heavy and flat, yet not detangled or conditioned). I *hate* it.

Do you know which one I do like, is Clairol ithrive Keratin conditioner (the one in the black tube with purple). I believe it has 1 water soluble silicone in it, but it works really well without weighing your hair down. I love that one.
    Yeah, it seems like they ruined ALL of their conditioners. It's really unfortunate because they used to be so good. Honeysuckle rose was one of my all time favorite conditioners before the reformulations.

Thanks for the Clairol rec. Usually that's the only cone I can tolerate, but even the conditioners that I do have with that particular cone aren't working for me these days.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^ Oh don’t I know it. I used to like both of the Chamomile formulas, and those are horrible now too, I think they all are. I don’t think they print reviews or even respond to people on the Facebook page anymore. Such a shame. And bummer about not being able to use any silicones .

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Have you tried Mill Creek? I believe their Keratin conditioner is silicone free. You can probably find it easily online, not sure which stores would carry it..

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    Have you tried Mill Creek? I believe their Keratin conditioner is silicone free. You can probably find it easily online, not sure which stores would carry it..
    I did try that a number of years ago and I remember not liking it very much but my hair has changed so maybe it'll work this time. Thanks!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm not sure if it has wheat protein in it but I use this light protein conditioner once a week. It is, "ORS Replenishing Conditioner." The ORS stands for, "Organic Root Stimulator."