Thread: ...Best antlers?

Length
    ..32?/40ish/41:CL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Talking ...Best antlers?

Hello lovely people!
    I am basically completely new to hair toys (well, at least to the ones we tend to use after discovering LHC ), and I have been seeing great reviews for ones made of antler. I'm interested in purchasing some, but I'm the kind of person that likes to have lots of info before getting something new to me. Especially if it's expensive...

So my real question is...who do you recommend as a great seller of antler hair toys? I am most interested in comments from those of you who have purchased from more than one store, so you can compare/contrast them. (Please?)
    However, if there's someone who makes stuff you absolutely love and that's all you've used, feel free to let me know why you like them so much!

So far I have considered:

BeforeTheEye (formerly AntlerAdornments)
    AntlerArtisans
    GrahtoeStudio
    JCMcCairn
    HairAroundNature
    FurnivalsWorkshop
    HintOfNature
    TheYurich

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: ...Best antlers?

I have used BeforeTheEye (Antleradornments) exclusively since 2013 and have been more than satisfied with her work and customer service!
    She is great with custom orders and does amazing carvings; I have 4 styles of forks and 2 sizes/colors of the rose forks (they are my favorites)!
    Her prices in the past were very cheap; now I see she has raised them a bit...and has also added the stones, but considering the quality of her work, it is worth it IMHO

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've got this fork (https://www.etsy.com/listing/2592552...k-3-point-roe?) from AntlerArtisans and this stick (https://www.etsy.com/listing/2208847...ntler-tip-hair) from FurnivalsWorkshop. I can't really wear either yet because my hair is still a bit too short, however I will say that the quality of them is wonderful. They're both very sturdy and very well made. I'll also say that the person who runs AntlerArtisans is very good about asking questions (I am debating getting one of their antler forks for a friend of mine when her hair is long enough and wanted to know what wax they used, since this friend is allergic to certain kinds of wax)

So I will say that both of those shops make absolutely wonderful hair toys and I'm very impressed with the quality, even not being able to wear them in my hair regularly.
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    6/24.5/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I don't have much experience with antlers. I only have a couple myself, and they're both GTS Antler Forks. But I will tell you that they're fabulous!
    Quality wise, and comfort wise. They're light enough that when you wear them, you don't feel them. But they feel very smooth, and look unique. Plus, I'm hair-updo challenged, and they'll hold dang near anything I attempt!
    Last edited by Belle Paix; February 5th, 2016 at 01:28 PM.
    ** Henna Head! **
    "Your hair is the ball gown that you never take off." - Jo Robertson
    SL (16")- APL (21.5) - BSL (24.5") -MBL 26.5 - WL (29") - Hips (31")

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh I forgot to mention comfort level! So I mean... obviously I can't wear them for real updos, but I did really want to see how they looked in my hair one day, so I kind of stuck them through my ponytail that I'd had. The AntlerArtisans fork was ridiculously comfy. I swear it felt like it was molded specifically for the back of my head, it was so perfect. The FurnivalsWorkshop is also very comfy, but not nearly as comfy as the AnterArtisans fork. I think that's mainly because it was behind my ponytail and that if I actually had enough hair for a bun, it would be a lot more comfortable because there would be more cushion to it.
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ..32?/40ish/41:CL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Hi guys, wanted to say 'thank you' for the great responses I've gotten so far

GroovyGranny Good to know, repeat business definitely speaks of customer satisfaction! I appreciate your comments on pricing, too.

irodaryne It's great to hear that AntlerArtisans is good about customer questions. I always appreciate that. Also, you totally lucked out on snagging that hair fork from them--to me it looks like it is a great size and such a beautiful shape...that can be hard to find when it comes to natural items. It looks like their current listings are not that style or too big/heavy for me, so I may have to wait to get one as nice as yours.
    Nice to hear that all your antler things are sturdy; I'm so sick of plastic things breaking on me.

Belle Paix Comfy sounds awesome! I am low maintenance and love that they sound easy to use, too.