Thread: Aspiring Elf and Hairstyle Newbie!

Length
    WL/HL/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Red face Aspiring Elf and Hairstyle Newbie!

Hi LHC!

Full disclosure: I completely ignored my hair in true tomboy fashion until a friend pestered me to watch the Fellowship of the Ring with her. I loved the movie, and was completely in awe of all of the elves' styles as well as lengths. Armed with a mirror and horrible hair-tearing metal elastics (shudder) I attempted to duplicate what I'd seen in the movie.

There were of course several problems with this.
    * Complete disregard for my hair (even neglecting to brush) had left my hair in the approximate condition of a cat's scratching post. Luckily I was too lazy to wash my hair more than once every week, so at least it wasn't as dried out as it could have been.
    * Since my idea of "doing my hair" was to manhandle my tremendously poofy hair into a low ponytail, then strangle it with multiple elastics, I couldn't even do an english braid. Needless to say, attempts to duplicate complicated multi-fishtail styles were futile!

The first I attempted to fix by slathering on as many of my mother's conditioners as I could when I did wash my hair, but she had much, much thinner hair than I did, so the conditioners just stayed on the outside.

Eventually, I just gave up and went back to ignoring my hair for three-ish years. I finally found LHC after realizing that my BSL/waist-ish hair was too long to do any conventional hair tutorials with (I was a youtube tutorial addict and still am ) and searching specifically for much longer length updos.

I can safely say that LHC has done 10x more for my hair than even the most expensive Keratin Argan Shea etc. Mega Repair Conditioner! After two months of steady oiling and hairstyle practice, both I and my hair are much happier. I'm still a bit clumsy when it comes to anything above a four strand braid, and I still have plenty of splits from my hair-abuse days, but hopefully I can fix both of those over time.

Maybe I'll be able to confidently whiz through an eleven strand braid with my classic length hair someday (while shooting orcs of course)! Who knows?

Current hair (with mild greasiness and braid waves):

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Aspiring Elf and Hairstyle Newbie!

Beautiful hair..look at that length already.. you look like a LHC seasoned pro.
    happy growing~

Welcome
    Your hair looks great.
    Happy learning and growing!

Length
    WL/HL/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Many thanks DollyDagger and Groovy Granny!

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

yqw NorthernLorelei

Type
    2a/M/ii

welcome your hair is stunning!

Length
    WL/HL/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thank you Neelie! I really like your avatar. Did you paint it?