Thread: Newbie from Texas Checking In

Length
    20/48/54
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Newbie from Texas Checking In

Hi, all! I found LHC a few weeks ago via a google search on growing out my bangs and haven't been able to get enough of this forum since! After lurking for 2 or 3 weeks, I finally signed up.

My hair is at 48" and is stick straight and rather fine. I have always loved long hair even as a small child. I have worn my hair long the majority of my life, but have also had it as short as about 2" all over and permed. (My mom, aunt and grandmother talked me into that in the late 80's when my 1st son was around 1 y.o. BIG mistake...I HATED it!) Although, I love my hair, I have really abused it over the years with harsh shampoos, frequent washing and rough combing and brushing.

Since I found LHC, I have discovered the wonders of coconut oil! WOW! It is awesome!! I use it on my hair as a pre-wash treatment left on overnight and my hair is now sooooo easy to comb out...no more ripping through it for 15 minutes or more just to get it combed out. I have switched to non-SLS shampoo and cone-free conditioner as well. I have ordered some CV shampoo bars and hope to make the switch. For years I washed my hair every day, but started skipping a day about a year ago. It took a while to adjust, but it finally did. I am now trying to stretch it out to every 3rd day.

This site is so wonderful and I have already learned so much from all of you wonderful, longhaired people! Thank you all for sharing your hair wisdom.

Default Re: Newbie from Texas Checking In

Welcome!

I am new too and I agree there is so much to learn on this site. Its amazing. So enjoy! And good luck

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Welcome! I’m also new. This place is great. Happy growing!

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

The land of Vikings, Northen light and Pippi Longstocking.

Lovely picture you got there with the long hair and baby. Welcome longhair64

Length
    18"/36"+?/42"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Welcome, I'm new here too! Your hair sounds beautifully long. This forum has a wealth of great hair information!

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Hi Welcome to LHC.
    Hello

Length
    buzz/12.5/30

Welcome to LHC. Happy growing!