Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: henna on damaged hair

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: henna on damaged hair

Thirding the "please don't bleach" idea. Go read what happened to Shermie Girl.

If you've been unhappy with Catherine, might I suggest these other henna vendors?

I use Henna Sooq, and I know others have had good luck with Renaissance Henna. I've heard mixed reviews (both good and bad) on Henna Boy, but many have had positive experiences.

How many times have you bleached? In total, over the course of the last year (let's say) because it appears that your hair is much, much lighter then it was the last time I saw a picture. It's very possible that your hair is too damaged...

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Please do not bleach your damaged hair. To remove or lighten henna the honey method is so much better for your hair.

My hair started breaking off all over my head the last time I bleached the damaged hair to take dye off. This was before I discovered henna.

I found that my grey hairs do not get as dark no matter how much henna compared to the chemically treated hair.

Are you applying henna over bleached hair or is there chemical dye still on the bleached hair.

I find that on my chemically treated hair henna looks redder and darker then on the rest of my hair.

My fine hair took chemical dye very easily to make it darker then the chemical dye. The greys did not dye, but the hair came dark. I do not have this problem with henna.

Some very damaged hair does not take henna well, I have heard of people using neutral protein solution before using henna so that the henna will stick.

I do not like the colour on the length of my hair that has chemical dye on it. I will try some honey treatments to see if I can take off any more chemcial dye. After that I am planning to use color opps or color fix to remove the chemical dye. (These are not bleach or peroxide treatments.)

I find that after using henna that some shampoos did not agree with my hair.

I like doing a vinegar rinse. It really helps if the shampoo made my hair feel crunchy.

I do find that my damaged end hai feels a bit dryier after hennaing putting oil or SMT on it helps.

Here is a thread I started asking about chemical dye removers: Which Hair Color Remover should I get?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=8606

Here are some posts about using honey to remove chemical colour or henna.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...778#post191778

Nightwish, thank you for the suppliers. I have placed an order from the henna boy, will see what hapened. until now- no clear day about the shippment ?! they will send it with the first "possibility" . days, weeks, months- unknown. Actually I wanted to buy from the everydaymehendi site, a lot of stuff, but is not working anymore and i actually don´t know if they are still active.

ok. ok. so i guess after so many "don´t bleach the hair again" posts, if I will do it, I will end up being kicked out of this forum ..

that´s true, you can never know with bleaching when it will be the last time. i have a feeling that it could be the last time in my case.

wintersun99 . i have bleached since the last photos only twice , but each time applying henna after, so i had to begin from zero each time with the bleaching. i always did the bleaching until my hair was blond/orange, so i had each time pretty much the same color before applying henna.

it is strange with henna how fast it can darken. i should have left it the first time like it was, even if it was very orange. now i regret it.

thank you very much to all writing me back, i will keep updated it in a new thread about the results.

i will try first with honey and see how much i can get out.

I agree with everyone else - I think the colors look harmonius. I know that is hard because we get used to seeing ourselves a certain way and even if other people like it, we may not like our hair.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jaquelines View Post
    Nightwish, thank you for the suppliers. I have placed an order from the henna boy, will see what hapened. until now- no clear day about the shippment ?! they will send it with the first "possibility" . days, weeks, months- unknown. Actually I wanted to buy from the everydaymehendi site, a lot of stuff, but is not working anymore and i actually donīt know if they are still active.

ok. ok. so i guess after so many "donīt bleach the hair again" posts, if I will do it, I will end up being kicked out of this forum ..

thatīs true, you can never know with bleaching when it will be the last time. i have a feeling that it could be the last time in my case.

wintersun99 . i have bleached since the last photos only twice , but each time applying henna after, so i had to begin from zero each time with the bleaching. i always did the bleaching until my hair was blond/orange, so i had each time pretty much the same color before applying henna.

it is strange with henna how fast it can darken. i should have left it the first time like it was, even if it was very orange. now i regret it.

thank you very much to all writing me back, i will keep updated it in a new thread about the results.

i will try first with honey and see how much i can get out.
    No you will not get quicked off the forums.

We just want to save you the heartache of broken hair that may just melt away.

Another thing, I mentioned the Neutral protein filler when using chemical dye. Maybe it will help your hair not get as dark.

Also how long did you leave the henna in for. Leave it for less time.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I don't think your hair looks bad at all! I also think bleaching would be a very bad idea. Why not just let it be a while and do small trims once a month or so to remove the damaged parts? You can henna the roots only so you don't change the color that you like, while slowly ridding yourself of the color you don't care for.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.