Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washing methods and growth

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Washing methods and growth

I found out my hair feels best with washing every three days. If I stretch to four, it gets horribly greasy, and growing slows down a lot. I guess it is as RapunzelKat says, it feels moisturized without feeling greasy with three days. However, my hair is naturally very dry, so it might not be the key for you. I say experiment until you find out what works for you.
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

To be honest my hair grew faster when I was using SLS. But it dries out my hair and I'm much rather have healthy hair.

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I think my hair grows slightly slower with CO routine than it did before, but my hair&scalp condition is much much better so I'm patient

Hair is like cat. You can't really tame it, you just have to care and enjoy.

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I think washing once or twice a week helps reduce my shedding (as compared to stretching washes to more than one week apart). I haven't noticed any difference with respect to my growth rate though.

My hair definitely grows faster if I wash it more often - as piyo said, it could be the massaging effect - but it also sheds more when I wash it more.

Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Now that it has gotten much healthier, my hair is growing super fast! The last time I colored it was back in June, and since then I have at least four more inches of growth; I can see it in my roots Luckily my dyed color and my natural color aren't very far off, so the roots aren't actually terribly noticeable haha.

I follow the CG method since sulfates and 'cones just do not have a good effect on my hair. I USED to Co-Wash, but as my layers have gotten longer it makes me terribly flat on top, so I've had to switch to shampooing with a sulfate-free 'poo. It works just as well, though! I mix a little conditioner into my shampoo and massage my scalp with it and I definitely think it stimulates hair growth a lot.

For my extraordinarily dry hair, the biggest things that help growth have been not using harsh sulfates and using extremely moisturizing products when washing.

Length
    14/25/36
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Not growth per se, but quite possibly less breakage, leading to faster accumulation of length. Using the gentlest shampoo I can get my hands on every third day is my method.
    xoxo
    gothchiq