Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leave-In Conditioners

Default Re: Leave-In Conditioners

oh nice! thank you everyone for responding. I guess there are a good amt of no leave-in and oil and those who use both! I think I'd probably stick with using it, I was just wondering about it. Thanks Kaijah for the idea... maybe I would use just a bit of my regular condish....I think someone else said they don't wash it all out either. And yes, my hair also laughs at the dime-sized amt that many people use.

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

I use both a leave-in and oils. It depends on how your hair responds to each one separately and together.
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Length
    SL/35"/clssc
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I don't rinse out my Mane'n'Tail conditioner all the way, and I also use an oil on my ends about once a week, before my wash day. I, also, couldn't get away with just the 'fingernail scraping.' I OIL that hair!

To each their own.
    Lady Pepper of the Silver Tongue in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Length
    bald/waist/term?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I use both a leave in and oil daily after washing. I use about a quarter sized amount of leave in (Giovanni) or more, comb that through, and then about 5-10 drops of macadamia nut oil or occasionally jojoba oil and comb that through. Most days I then braid for work but whether my hair takes 8 hours to dry or 1 (on days off when it is left loose) none of the products I leave in make my hair look greasy.

Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

My hair dries straighter and softer with leave ins, not just oil.

Account Closed by Member Request

i've been using some of my suave conditioner as a leave in, and i've been not using oils or butters, and this is working ... but that's because I have very low porosity hair and oil's not terribly effective for me. I could probably use it on my ends, but those ends are ten years old, naturally they're going to be more porous

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I *need* to use leave-ins on my hair. It's curly, dry and frizzy. I'm pretty sure it would start yelling at me if I didn't moisturize it after showering. Right now I use the Dry/Damaged Redken leave in first, then Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in and finally a little anti-frizz serum on the ends. I need all the products to weigh down the poof and calm the curl. But you'll have to experiment to see what works for you. It took me ages to figure out I needed heavy products.