Thread: No trims in 2011 challenge!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default No trims in 2011 challenge!

Maybe a little early for New Year's resolutions, but here we go!

I have decided to do a No trims in 2011 challenge. I am growing out old highlights and layers and that has made me trim a lot lately. Now I want some length and I will go one whole year with no trims. I have never succeeded in doing that before so this will be a real challenge for me.

I want to see how much my hair could grow if I left it for one year with no trims. Since my hair is highlighted (most of it) and layered I am sure it won't be very pretty, so I will need all the support I can get.

I will have one last trim in the end of December this year. I am planning to cut like 1/2 inch, and probably only dust the layers. I think I have to trim one last time, otherwise it will be too hard to go one year. I have also decided to start my challenge in January because it feels easier to do a "calendar year".

During this challenge I will allow myself to S&D. I will try to wear my hair up as much as I can to avoid damage.

I am thinking this thread would be a great place to get support and to post progress pictures.

Who is with me??

PS. I know there's a No trimming club, but I wanted to start a thread for this specific challenge. DS.

Here's a link to the social group with pictures: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...hp?groupid=229
    Last edited by Lize; January 6th, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Adding link