Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I henna straight after Colorfix/Color Oops.....Advice Please!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Can I henna straight after Colorfix/Color Oops.....Advice Please!!

I am planning to dye my hair with a 2 step henna and indigo process to hopefully achieve a dark brown. I have managed to persuade my hairdresser (who is a close friend of mine) to do this for me as I think I will just manage to make a mess if left to my own devices!!

I currently have chemically dyed hair that is very dark brown with 35% grey medium brown roots. The ends of my hair are nearly black with repeated colour applications and there is quite a big difference between this and my natural colour at the roots. I really don't want to end up with jet black ends and 2 tone hair after the henna/indigo application so I am planning to have my hairdresser remove as much of the chemical dye as possible with the salon equivalent of Colorfix or Color Oops, so I have a more even and uniform starting colour that is closer to my natural colour. My hairdresser uses a product that works in the same way as Color Oops by releasing the colour molecules from the hair and it does not contain any harsh chemicals or peroxide.

So my question is, can I use henna and indigo straight after having the old chemical colour stripped off. My hairdresser has no experience with henna so she asked me to find out. She explained that my hair once stripped of all the old dye will look a fairly dodgy colour in places and if possible I'd rather not walk about looking like this!!

Does anyone here have experience of using these products and then henna staight after???

Any advice/comments would be much appreciated

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Can I henna straight after Colorfix/Color Oops.....Advice Please!!

I used henna a few days after, but never henna and indigo right after.

I would take a test lock of your hair and do a trial run on that, just to be safe

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I used henna a few days after, but never henna and indigo right after.

I would take a test lock of your hair and do a trial run on that, just to be safe
    Thanks Nightshade.............that's very good advice. I have a some shed hairs I have collected from my brush etc for testing purposes so I can use them I guess. I'll drop a hair sample off to my hairdresser and see if she can use the colour stripper on it.

It is good to know that you used henna afterwards with no problems. Did the Color Oops or Colorfix damage your hair at all?? Thanks

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

You're so welcome I'm glad you're being smart and testing first. She may say she doesn't have enough hair, in which case you can let her trim a bit off your hair, or just allow her to do a small patch in a hidden area on your head.

I did ColorFix three time without any damage. The smell isn't the best and it dried out my hair, but nothing that didn't turn right around with some TLC.

Last edited by wintersun99; February 18th, 2010 at 11:16 PM.

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Nightshade and Wintersun 99, Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question, it is much appreciated

It good to know that the Colorfix/Color Oops did not not damage your hair as I really didn't want to use anything that would cause my frizzy, chemically coloured hair anymore damage. I can't wait to use and henna/indigo and hopefully I will never have to use a chemical dye again!!

I have decided to suffer the dodgy hair colour for a couple of days as I really need the henna to take well as I have quite a lot of grey to cover up. I am going to do some testing on stripped hair samples as well so I can see what results I get with leaving the indigo on for various lengths of time (I do not want to end up jet black!!)

Are there any specific products that would be good to use after the colour remover to prepare my hair for the henna application??

Thanks again for your advice

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Are there any specific products that would be good to use after the colour remover to prepare my hair for the henna application??
    Nope, just make sure your hair is clean. Also, mix up your henna with hot distilled water rather than tap water, it eliminates a lot of variables.

Last edited by wintersun99; February 18th, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thanks again for the advice and tips

Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedoo View Post
    Thanks again for the advice and tips
    Can you post pics when it's done? Very interested in the results. I love henndigo!