View Poll Results: Does your haircare routine change seasonally?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, same routine all the time.

103 37.59%
  • Yes, changes with the seasons.

115 41.97%
  • Yes, but change for other reasons.

35 12.77%
  • I use cheese all the time.

21 7.66%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your haircare routine change with the seasons?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    18/30/36
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Does your haircare routine change with the seasons?

It's fall, so I'm contemplating when to go back to CO. I have to use shampoo in the summer--too sweaty and greasy for CO. But in winter, can't use shampoo--gets way too dry. Anyone else change with the seasons, or do you keep it the same all year around?

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: Does your haircare routine change with the seasons?

My routine changes with the weather. I tend to wash more often in the summer. In the winter I can go two weeks without washing. I also use more oil, especially more on the scalp in the winter. My scalp doesn't sweat but the summer humidity helps the hair and scalp be less dry. In the winter I need the oil to protect the hair and make it so the scalp skin doesn't feel tight or flake from dryness.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BSL+/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Yes, definately! I live in Canada, so there is a large difference in the climate here as the seasons change. Also, winter means I'm in school so I have to accomodate the change in environments.

In the summer I tend to wash my hair more frequently and with shampoo, but in the winter I can't. I have dry skin anyways, and my scalp gets far too dry from shampooing, even if its only 2 times a week. Also, my hair is fine and the air at my university is dry so I tend to get very static at school.
    For these reasons, my routine changes in winter. I wash less, and when I do I CO, and I use more oils on my length to help keep in moisture. I will probably also end up needing more SMT's, or other similar moisture treatments to combat dry indoor air.
    Also, I wear my hair up more so that its not rubbing on my wool sweaters (static attack!) or getting caught in my coat or bag, or between my back and chair at school.

It has already started getting cold here, so my routine is already changing!

Length
    19"/43"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

It's not so much the seasons as how busy I am.

When I'm less busy, I usually do an SMT or other deep treatment every week. If I'm really busy, I just oil it with coconut oil and wash the next day.

For summer, I've been doing a scalp wash more often with lowfat coconut milk on the length, which has been working out quite well. It's less time consuming, which is really nice.
    [/URL]

Length
    26/30/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I chose Yes, but change for other reasons because I'm trying a lot of different things according to what my hair needs, not depending on the weather (although it certainly may be a factor). And also because in the past I've done the same thing for years at a time Why change what doesn't work, right?

Length
    15 in/20 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm in southern California, so there's only about a 40 degree difference from summer to winter, and that's on extreme days. My routine is pretty much the same all the time.
    Lady Britomart of the Woodland Glen in the
    Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/28/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Yes, my hair needs much more moisture and protection when it's cold outside. I put it up every day to keep my hair away from zippers and frost.

Length
    19.5/30/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I wash more often in the summer, and do a lot more scalp washes in the winter so my hair will dry faster and I won't have to go outside with it wet.

Length
    TWA/Short/BSL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii

my routine is always co-wash and add product, ( usually a gel or a leave in or some combanation of both) air dry, sometimes I shampoo when needed. the reason that I voted that my routine changes, but does not change with the season it changes for other reasons is becuase I am CONSTANTLY changing up products I love to try new products people like me are the reason the term product junkie was invented!!!
    Even though, I walk through the vally, of the shadow of Death, your perfect love is casting out fear................................

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Yes it does change with temperatures.
    Very hot or very cold weather seem to lead to washing one or two days earlier than I need to when the temperatures are moderate.
    In winter I use other oil mixes / mister recipes than in summer.