Thread: New - from Sweden

Default New - from Sweden

Hello all!

I am new here - and since I don´t live in a english speaking country I am a bit off on some of the words and hope that you all can help me!!!!! I did live in NYC for a few years but you forget fast when you don´t use it everyday..

To start with...what is cones..or coned? Is that if you condition or not?? Is there other "slang" I should know about. I have been reading on some of the posts and noticed there is a lot of hair slang..heheh...

Also´- I have hair just down below my jaw and I ALWAYS wanted long hair (had it when I was younger) but I always end up cutting it since I think it looks "damaged" and thin. I am thinking I might get inspired and keep to my task with some help from you. My hair is very scandinavian looking hair...light brown and the hairs are thin. I use things to get my hair thicker and healthy...like Tippek schampoo...and olive oil, egg, Redken all soft heavy cream, vitamines for hair that I read is good. All this helps a little...but I need more GOOD advice. How should I keep myself from cutting it and getting "sad" again...after falling for the hairsalons charming staff......that just want to cut cut cut...

What do you recommend? Have anyone tried sesame seeds? If you have..how should it be eaten?? I tried them just as they are and they do not taste very nice...and they come out the other way just the same..hhahehehhehe....sorry for "to much info"!!!!

Thank you for your time...
    I am looking forward to hear from you.
    Happy easter...
    Emme76

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hello and welcome. Cones refers to ingredients that end in "cone" on the label. They are silicones and give the hair a smooth coating that holds in moisture, but it also gives some people more brittle, breakable hair. I don't have these problems. Many of us don't.

I like to use sesame oil in cooking and salad dressings. You can also buy sesame paste, called tahini, which is very good in recipes. I like it mixed with honey and spread on toast or rolls, too.

Visit the thread called "Tricksy scissors" for some motivation against cutting.

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Hi and welcome from a fellow swede! Just read around the boards a bit and you'll get lots of good advice Also, I would recommend you to read everything in the articles section about haircare.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Welcome to LHC, Emme76. This article might help you understand or abbreviations and terms.
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    14/45/55
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Hi and welcome! We are a few Swedes on the boards nowadays, feel free to join the Sweden group
    1A/F/ii Classic length
    Henna since 2007-12

I read somewhere that there is a german LHC? Is there a Swedish also???? Sorry if I am a bit lost!!!!!
    /Em

Length
    27/TB/?
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Hi and welcome, I'm Swedish to!
    No not a Swedish LHC but you can find a thread that we talk about Swedish hair stuff...I think at least it was on the old LHC Sorry if I sounds a bit confused...I'm

Length
    Neck/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Hi, and welcome to the boards. :-)