Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Tell me about K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask

I've been hearing about this lately and I was wondering if anyone here has used it. I never know if reviews are real and unbiased. How do you use it? How did it work for you? Is it better than a deep conditioner? And is it worth the price?

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tell me about K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask

scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Thank you! I did a search earlier and that thread didn't come up.

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I've used it. I use it about once a month now, because it's so expensive. When I use a deep conditioner, I literally use a big handfull, but with this, 2 ml is enough, and so, a bottle will last a long time. (it's still expensive though....). To be able to use this little on my BCL Lenght hair I have to detangle wet, and it has to be completely detangled, so that when I put product in my hands slip right though. Using this product before detangling or as a detangler is a big mistake that would mean wasting a ton of product and not getting many uses out of the bottle.

This can't really be compared to a deep conditioner, as it's not that at all. It actually repairs the hair (apparently...), a deep conditioner doesn't permanently repair hair.

I found that the K18 delivered what it promised. I was quite amazed at the results. My hair went from dull (pre LHC neglect, including a lot of swimming in chlorine without even rinsing afterwards...) to shiny, soft and more bouncy. I used it for 4 washes in a row, and now every month to maintain, as there is always new damage happening. This keeps my ends soft too, I apply more there. I am now over four months post last trim, and my ends are still soft and nice, but that comes down to other factors too, of course.

For reference, I have no heat damage, bleach damage or anything like that... all of my hair is completely virgin, but I probably had some chlorine damage + mechanical damage. I felt a noticable difference after first use and the difference is permanent - as permanent as anything can be, of course, since there is always new damage happening to the hair (even if you are careful).

Would I recomend? Perhaps. I won't care to use this after I reach my goal lenght. It's too expensive, and as long as my hair looks nice and I can trim again when maintaining, I don't think I need this. But this can certainly help on the way to goal lenght if you are a non trimmer or want to trim rarely.

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I really appreciate your post, SeppV. Thank you. I think I'll try it! My hair is currently about BSL or just above.

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Hope you get good results! I usually part my hair by two or four when I use this, just to be able to use a tiny bit at a time, a little product goes a long way, but not if you blob it all on your hair at once.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Not a chance that I would pay this much money and put in my hair something that has alcohol this high on ingredient list
    When in doubt always read INCI first
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Not a chance that I would pay this much money and put in my hair something that has alcohol this high on ingredient list
    When in doubt always read INCI first
    Interesting, it might be intentional that the ingredienser of this potion are in English especially if the beskrivning is not
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Interesting, it might be intentional that the ingredienser of this potion are in English especially if the beskrivning is not
    I don't quite understand what you meant by your comment, I might have a hard time reading English after a night of sleep training with a baby! But, I wanted to comment on the alcohol denat bit. They explain that on their website, since people (with good reason!) will react. Here is how they explain it: "Denatured alcohol is used in K18 formulas to open the gates for our peptide to reach hair’s damage sites" Which makes sense, but this is also the reason I only use it about once a month. It does have excellent results. I don't doubt their cleverness in this product. Usually I use drug store products. I don't care to put too much money into my hair care, but for some reason I got fooled into this.... and I will gladly spend the bottle.

So I used it once last year on hair that has been bleached and dyed.

Didn't really do anything.

I think my usual products (Alfaparf semi di lino for dry hair) keep my hair in really good condition so there wasn't much for the K18 to do. my hair was also shoulder length so probably not as much damage to the ends as if it were longer.

Idk, I didnt notice a huge difference on myself.