Thread: Has Anyone Tried Amla Powder For Hair Growth?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Has Anyone Tried Amla Powder For Hair Growth?

Hi all,

I'm sorry if there's a thread on this but I was just wondering if anyone has every tried Amla Powder for hair growth? And, can you tell me more about it? What products can you mix it with. Can you mix with any type of oil or conditioner?

Thanks for your responses!

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Has Anyone Tried Amla Powder For Hair Growth?

I know that it's one of a myriad of ingredients in Kalpi Tone by Hesh (which I use in my hair masks). The package instructions say to mix the Kalpi Tone with either oil or water. The Hesh package of Amla powder alone has the same instructions printed on the package. I don't see why you couldn't mix it with anything you like.

I'm not anything like an amla expert, because I haven't done any carefully controlled experiments, but I think Amla:
    1. Is good for hair growth,
    2. Can be used as a shampoo,
    3. Darkens hair,
    4. Increases curliness,
    5. Tends to be drying.

So, if any of those be undesirable, then use a bit more of something else to counteract that.

There are definitely herbal experts here who know a whole lot more about Amla than I do!

Your avatar pic has such beautiful hair, Dark40!

ETA: I think I did try the Amla alone, mixed with water, as a shampoo. I thought the Kalpi Tone worked better for me, because of all the other ingredients balancing it out. As I recall, the Amla alone made my hair dry; but I think my hair varies from 1b to 2c, so no telling what it'll do in your hair. I do recall thinking that all the Hesh powders that I've tried were useless as shampoo; but I can't guarantee that I was using them right.
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; March 7th, 2020 at 05:03 PM.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Ok, thank you for all of the information on it! Also, thank you about my avatar pic on my beautiful hair, Kalamazoon! Yes, I've also heard the Amla darkens the hair too, and it is also tends to be drying. It increases curliness? I don't want to the curl back into my freshly relaxed hair! Or, I don't want to revert it back to my natural texture.

I understand that you're not an amla expert but I'm sure there are a lot of other people on here that knows a lot about it. I may try adding a coney conditioner and one of my essential oils to it. They should help with keeping it moisturized. Or, help with the dryness.

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Here's more info on amla: https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partne...amla&sa=Search

I found that by typing "amla" in the Search box on the upper right hand corner of this page. Haven't read any of it though...

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Ok, thank you for the info! I'll check it out and read it.

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Hi Dark40...

I think that the first place I would try is the herbal hair care section. I just had a brief scan through the first 10-15 pages of titles, and most pages had a reference to either Indian herbs, or Amla. One, started by Neoma, is about a purple lemonade detangler which uses herbs, but also references Purple Sludge, a home made shampoo with Amla, Shaiksi, Mithi, and hibiscus flowers. There are lots of recipes for herbal hair care there, so probably lots of information you would find interesting.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi squirrel....

Ok, thank you for your response and information. I will check those pages on the herbal hair care section out. I bet there is a lot of information out there on different types of Indian herbs or Amla. A purple lemonade detangler with uses herbs started by Neoma? That sounds interesting. Yes, I've also read on one of the pages on here about home made shampoo with Amla. But like you've said I think J would find it interesting to find those recipes too.