Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trim for to fix uneven growth?

Length
    1/16/24
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default trim for to fix uneven growth?

Hi! I've grown my hair for around 30 months now, am loving the length and all of the fun things you can do with long hair, and am planning to go longer. However, I've noticed the right side of my hair is in some parts even an inch longer than the left, probably due to a dodgy trim and the fact I sleep on that side. My ends are okay, I think they're fairly healthy even if they're not too great, and they curl up a lot, hiding any damage and how uneven it is quite a bit. However, as my hair grows longer and the ends straighten out due to the weight of the hair, I'm worried it would become a lot more pronounced? I'm not adamantly against trims but I would prefer to avoid it as I'm looking for longer hair, but I'm thinking one may be beneficial for my hair in the long run? I'm pretty conflicted about this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much in advance!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: trim for to fix uneven growth?

Is it uneven when it's wet and more straight after the shower too, or just when it's dry and wavy?

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/16/24
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

In the middle it's not so bad, but the far side on the right is probably between at least a centimeter and an inch longer and this is the case when its wet too, yeah.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Totally off topic, and you don't have to answer, of course, but are you Irish or Scottish, or close? It's just that I've never seen anyone else use the expression "for to <verb>" and I found it delightful.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    1/16/24
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Oh no! I didn't notice that, that was just a complete grammatical error haha! Sorry to ruin that little moment of fun lol

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Is it uneven when it's wet and more straight after the shower too, or just when it's dry and wavy?
    I was going to ask something similar. It looks pretty even to me. You have some wave at the ends that might be hiding the unevenness or could make it look uneven when it's not.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 42seasons View Post
    Oh no! I didn't notice that, that was just a complete grammatical error haha! Sorry to ruin that little moment of fun lol
    Not to worry, I still like it!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    waist/TB/long

Any length difference is completely unnoticeable. I'd leave it alone. By the way, your hair is beautiful!

Length
    1/16/24
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Any length difference is completely unnoticeable. I'd leave it alone. By the way, your hair is beautiful!
    Thanks so much for the lovely words! I'll leave it alone unless it gets worse as the ends straighten with length in that case.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by 42seasons View Post
    Hi! I've grown my hair for around 30 months now, am loving the length and all of the fun things you can do with long hair, and am planning to go longer. However, I've noticed the right side of my hair is in some parts even an inch longer than the left, probably due to a dodgy trim and the fact I sleep on that side. My ends are okay, I think they're fairly healthy even if they're not too great, and they curl up a lot, hiding any damage and how uneven it is quite a bit. However, as my hair grows longer and the ends straighten out due to the weight of the hair, I'm worried it would become a lot more pronounced? I'm not adamantly against trims but I would prefer to avoid it as I'm looking for longer hair, but I'm thinking one may be beneficial for my hair in the long run? I'm pretty conflicted about this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much in advance!

Looks lovely to me!

Hair tends to grow unevenly as it gets longer. It'll almost never stay in the original shape it was cut into, but if you find that the unevenness becomes quite pronounced, you can always fix it up later. My one side grows faster than the other and I just trim a little more to fix it as necessary.
    Last edited by ETJ CURLS; May 24th, 2024 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE