Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My bad...

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default My bad...

I have to confess that I will use a flat iron from time to time. I have hair that is poofy without doing anything to it, and frizzy. If I wear it curly I need to use some type of cream to define the curls, but every once in a while I like it straight and if I wear it like that it will last a week without a wash or until I can't stand it. I only straighten maybe once a month if that.

I really like to have my hair looking different ways and like having the option to be able to do that.

The only time nothing goes into my hair, or have heat or product is when I wear it up, and I wear it up most of the time.

Anyone else want to fess up with something?

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I too reserve the right to flat iron on the length every now and again. Though I'm far too lazy to do it more than once every few months. And then I only really do it because DBF enjoys my hair looking as long as it really is every now and again.

I also plan to continue flat-ironing, occasionally blowfrying, and sometimes doing crazy things to my bangs/fringe. The next mission is to lighten my henna a bit (chunk of bangs only), possibly even bleach, and dye magenta. I miss crazy colored hair. hehe. My bangs are also allowed the evil cones (length and scalp hate 'em) every so often. I abuse my bangs.
    3b/c - F/M - ii
    Current length: 24.5" wet and stretched.

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

whew, thought I would get thrown off the boards.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I'm inpet with styling tools, but I do get it blown out at a salon about 4-6 times a year. Usually a roller set. It is a nice change to have straighter hair, and I can go 5-7 days with no knots! And comb it dry!

I also love my diffuser, especially in the colder months.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Haha. I can think of at least three other LHCers who I've heard mention using a flat iron on their bangs or length. Ope. Make that five. And all were references to recent use too. There are a few around who blowdry fairly regularly too. And a big thread of people who chemically color.

We aren't the only one's who do "naughty" things to our hair!
    3b/c - F/M - ii
    Current length: 24.5" wet and stretched.

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Maybe we need a group for us bad girls.

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Shanarana, I love your curly hair. It is lovely. But, I do understand the urge to have smooth, silky tresses every now and then. I haven't used an iron in a long time....probably over a year. The last time I ironed I did it to see how well my self trim looked and to see how long it would be if it was straight. Until I found LHC I was a heat styling junkie. I hated my natural curl and beat it into submission daily. My hair is much happier now that I am letting it go wild!
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

My hair is completely unpredictable. I usually don't mind and just let it do what it wants. But there are occasional times when it's more wavy than I'd like... and I flat iron it. Only a couple times a year though and I am always sure to use a protecting spray on each section before straightening it. Besides not wanting the damage, I'm just far too lazy to do it more than a couple times a year - it takes forever and my arms get tired.

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by harley mama View Post
    Until I found LHC I was a heat styling junkie. I hated my natural curl and beat it into submission daily. My hair is much happier now that I am letting it go wild!
    Did you have to cut it? It looks so nice, like you have never done anything bad to it.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I get my hair colored and high lights about every 3 months. I let my stylist blow it dry and use a flat iron. I love the look I can't keep my hands out of my wonderfully stick straight hair It was flat ironed the day I took my avitar pic. I don't own a flat iron so that doesn't happen at home but I do have a hot air round brush which I use now and then, less than once a month. I like the way my hair looks after using it and well why not? Why go to all the trouble to grow your hair if you can really enjoy it now and then?

I am not here to decorate your world