Thread: Can a thread be stickied?

Length
    shldr/clssc/tb
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Talking Can a thread be stickied?

I'd hereby like to nominate the thread titled "New Mom's Easy Bun Resource Guide" for stickying... stickieing...stickiiing... to be made a sticky in the Parental Pow-wow section.

This thread deserves special status. It goes beyond merely being helpful in a way specific to being a parent - if that were the only case, many threads within this forum would need to be stickyied...stickyed... to be made a sticky. This thread is special because it not only is very helpful for new moms, but it also stays inherently true to the mission of The Long Hair Community overall. It perfectly melds a hair resource with a parenting resource. Long may this thread live, and please... as a mom with a newborn, make it easy for me to find when I'm sleep deprived and haven't brushed my hair in 2 days.

Thank you for considering the stickification...stickitacatory...stickiness of this thread.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Can a thread be stickied?

I think the mods are trying to cut down on stickied threads, but maybe it can go in the VIT thread?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Yes we are trying to cut down on stickied threads and announcements, find better (more explanatory) thread titles and reword/update the remaining ones to make things more easy to navigate again
    And to reduce scroll-finger-weals since monitors get wider and smaller and having a big fixed header can be kind of tiresome for those reading from their netbook or phone.

I'll alert the team about your request and we'll discuss your request, but as it is now we tend to not sticky many threads.
    We may possibly move it to the mane forum, since it's about hair.

The VITs already got renamed (because the abbreviation wasn't really clear for newbies) to Useful Links - all you need to know and they are planned to be updated soon when we are done with updating another sticky we plan to keep. We'll discuss to include this one in it

In the meantime, there is always the option of using the tag-feature to make a thread easier to find.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Finoriel View Post
    Yes we are trying to cut down on stickied threads and announcements, find better (more explanatory) thread titles and reword/update the remaining ones to make things more easy to navigate again
    And to reduce scroll-finger-weals since monitors get wider and smaller and having a big fixed header can be kind of tiresome for those reading from their netbook or phone.

I'll alert the team about your request and we'll discuss your request, but as it is now we tend to not sticky many threads.
    We may possibly move it to the mane forum, since it's about hair.

The VITs already got renamed (because the abbreviation wasn't really clear for newbies) to Useful Links - all you need to know and they are planned to be updated soon when we are done with updating another sticky we plan to keep. We'll discuss to include this one in it

In the meantime, there is always the option of using the tag-feature to make a thread easier to find.
    Renamed?! When did this happen? I guess I got used to ignoring stickied threads.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I think we did that on Wednesday, so you've not been overlooking it for that long

And hey, to blank out stickies when you're not actively looking for them is perfectly normal, that's part of the "sticky-curse".
    We know they are there, we know they are helpful, but we tend to forget about them and blank them out when we don't use them for a while. I think that's the archaic part of our brain valuing between good/useful right now or bad/dangerous if it's none of that it's usually filtered out of the aware thinking. I didn't even realize that we had that many of them until it was pointed out as hard to navigate for newbies.

Length
    shldr/clssc/tb
    Type
    2a/M/ii

All of that really makes sense, and I completely understand how easy it is to ignore stickies, or to have them cluttering up a forum. My request still stands... and I still think it's most appropriate spot is in the Parenting Forum, even though the Mane forum is the "hair forum." Whatever the mods decide is fine, of course. :-) I think I subscribed to it (maybe? I've never done this before. I ought to doublecheck before the thread gets moved/disappears/become a sticky and I blank it out) so that I can hopefully find it again no matter what happens to it.