Thread: M-T-G advice

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default M-T-G advice

I just received a bottle of M-T-G to use on my cat who has skin problems. I'd like to try it on my own hair, anyone have any advice for human use? Like how often, do I leave it in, rinse it out, etc. And how to deal with the smell, does it dissipate? I know they make a product for human use without the smell, but since I have this now I'd like to try it.
    *In case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, M-T-G is a product to use on horse manes and tails.

BBQ sauce was what we called it at one barn I was at. I have no idea about human use though, but I thought I'd share anyway. I would think it might make your hair awfully greasy, so I'd use sparingly.

Length
    baby/59"/60
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've used it before. I just put a couple drops of peppermint oil in it and a couple drops of rosemary EO, and some castor oil. The EO's helped a LOT with the smell. It's really not that hard to wash out. I just used my shampoo bar twice and it was all out.

What I have been doing is I put it on my hairline (which is what I want to thicken up) at night and then put a bandanna over my head and make sure it's low over my forehead so that it doesn't slip so much during the night.

Then in the morning--or as late as I can stand it --I wash it out. I haven't been doing it enough to see results, though.

ETA: I thought I'd add that over on the long hair care forum, a lady said she made her own MTG. She used a carrier oil (I think jojoba, maybe) and then bought flowers of sulfur and used a teaspoon, I THINK, and then added whatever EO's she wanted to make it smell good. That way you don't have the mineral oil to deal with.
    Last edited by BlndeInDisguise; March 18th, 2008 at 07:18 AM.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    -Psalm 139:14

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

I used it for a while. I haven't lately because I got discouraged with my hair, but I will definitely try it again once I get my mojo back.

The smell wasn't so bad for me if I applied to wet hair. I am lazy and haven't tried mixing EO's into it. I just applied to my freshly washed head and left it there until the next time I washed (every 2-3 days). If I felt up to it, I applied a time or two at night, between washes.

I hope it works on your kitty, and if you try it too, I hope you get the results you are after.