Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my hair

Length
    short/32.5/35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Unhappy I hate my hair

well I hate that nothing works.

I made a thread a while ago that I needed ideas on where to get hairtoys, as I was at the end of my tether with not being able to do anything with my hair and thanks to the suggestions I got me a few toys and even made a hairstick, but now, whenever I try putting it up it makes my head hurt even a ponytail or braid, I've tried tight ones loose ones and it always ends up in headache. I just had to take out a bun because I had a huge headache coming and now i've got it in a loose three part braid and it's still pulling and making my head hurt

Also my hair is never rinsed properly, I can stand in the shower for 45 minutes just rinsing my hair and i've still got stuck together almost greasy strands, normally around my ears. I've tried more pressure, less pressure, warm water, very warm water and not so warm water. I CO every 2-3 days and shampoo once every 3 or 4 washes I do oil but only the ends and not as much as I should do so there's not really any way I can see that's the problem and with using shampoo how could I get build up?

So I really need some LHC advice, I love how my hair looks long but can't stand the headaches or greasy after washing thing. Please please please help me like my hair again
    Lady Leporidę of Caerbannog in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: I hate my hair

We have the same hairtype and I cannot do CO washing. I tried for about 8 months but also had the greasies around the underneath of my hair. I have to shampoo every other day but I only use dilluted shampoo. It keeps my hair clean without being oily. I'm sorry about the headaches you are getting, I wish I had some advice for that but my hair is not nearly as long as yours so I haven't had to deal with that (yet). Hopefully someone will suggest some other hairstyles that won't cause you any pain.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Wish I could help but alas, I'm not so fond of my own right now. Too frizzy, too much like a matted animal's pelt. I hate it short too, so that isn't even in the thought processes. Judging by your signature pic, your hair is truly beautiful.

Have you tried slides and a low pony that shouldn't change the physics of the way your hair is when it is worn loose and down too much? Maybe just a couple of snap clippies up close to the part line just to help it stay out of your face/mouth? I haven't talked to you before and cannot see the front of your head in the photo, so other than the bit of lankness and greasiness you describe, I can only really relate to ways to wear it to keep it out of your face.

I think others here might better know ways to deal with the greasy patches as that is one thing I don't have to deal with, unless I inadvertently slap on too much oil. For me shampooing and conditioning alone works. I wish you luck and answers! You've definitely come to the right place for them!
    AutumnLeaves

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I don't have any thought right now about headaches but to try different updos.
    Or is it possible that when you wear an updo, you without realizing it, get tensed muscles at the neck and shoulders? I could see that happening especially if you're not used to updos and/or they are not secured.

As for not getting your hair clean, maybe you should use shampoo more often, like every other wash. I have read many a member say they can only CO once or twice before they get build-up.

I love CWC method myself, it keeps my hair and scalp clean while protecting the length and ends and keeping hair from tangling.

I think your hair is very pretty!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    12/14/24
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

You sound to have a sensitive scalp. I have those days when I cannot tie my hair for longer than an hour so I think I have a clue of how you feel. I'd say: accept it and let your hair be free.

Have you tried acidic rinse (like apple cider or citric acid diluted in water) for your hair?

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I find no problem in washing everyday. Sometimes I CWC also. I also find evo very hard to wash out.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Sorry you hate your hair Bunnii!!

Is your hair greasy like that after shampooing too or just after CO? If it's better after shampoo it may just be that your hair needs an actual washing more often. Try a very mild one or dilute whatever you have.

I have the problems with headaches, too. I find hairsticks cause them the most often, sadly. I heard someone somewhere around here say to try your do's either higher up or lower down on your head that you normally wear them and see if that helps.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sky View Post
    I heard someone somewhere around here say to try your do's either higher up or lower down on your head that you normally wear them and see if that helps.
    That's what I do, makes a huge difference!

Also, is this a recent onset? I ask because last year I had walking pneumonia and found I had to wear my hair down all the time while I was sick. Not only did I not want to fuss with my hair, but everything hurt no matter what I did, heck I was so sick the ends of my hair hurt!
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I had been doing CO mostly all the time. I started out with very damaged dry hair and I ended up with dirty looking hair all the time. I was over conditioning my hair and I just had to start back using shampoo for a few washes. I had to shampoo the length a few times to get it bACK to normal. My length is very picky to much shampoo it gets really dry and to much conditioner it looks dirty. What I do now is shampoo my scalp and just let the suds run over my length I dont apply any shampoo there. I use a heavier conditioner on the length and leave it on for a while. If my hair is really dry I can throw in a CO wash but it doesnt do well with to many in a row without shampoo.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

well if you don't wear your hair up often I think the headaches are normal. I wear mine up constantly so I am used to it. Have you tried a vinegar rinse as a final rinse to help get the residue out?
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP