Thread: Sale: Grahtoe Studio Forks

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Sale: Grahtoe Studio Forks

Quote Originally Posted by snorkie View Post
    Is it just me? I don’t see pics…
    I didn’t realize Kimmie was gone now too…��never mind…logged out and back in and the pics showed up.
    Yeah that second one is gorgeous. I’d have to make payments on that…it’s a big chunk of the budget…
    For what it's worth I had a very special fork by them that I sold (it was a beautiful piece of wood that came down in a hurricane and had levels of chatoyance I've never seen in a fork before or since) but my hair just didn't get on with the shape, so I let it go to a good, treasured home.

On the one hand, I'm happy that I let it go to be loved, but on the other, I sometimes miss it for just the stunning piece of wood and craftsmanship it was.

That's the long way to say that I don't think you'd regret it if you can make it happen

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    For what it's worth I had a very special fork by them that I sold (it was a beautiful piece of wood that came down in a hurricane and had levels of chatoyance I've never seen in a fork before or since) but my hair just didn't get on with the shape, so I let it go to a good, treasured home.

On the one hand, I'm happy that I let it go to be loved, but on the other, I sometimes miss it for just the stunning piece of wood and craftsmanship it was.

That's the long way to say that I don't think you'd regret it if you can make it happen
    What kind of wood was it? Once a grainiac always a grainiac. I just wanna hear about it

This fork.. I have been holding on to for 5 years with the hope that I might be able to restore my hair to be able to wear it again because it just that..wow. Even now, the temptation to let it be a sculpture was there ..lol.
    But honestly, something like this should be worn and loved, and my hair..I just don't think it could ever get back to what would be required to wear this.. certainly not in the next five years, so it's time.
    It's now pending.

FWIW, I am willing to discuss payment plans on these, and any items that are listed in my other threads.. or if anyone knows I have something and is interested, please do ask. Some I am keeping if it's reasonable I could wear it again, but a lot I will never be able to, and it really is time for them to be shown off to the world.
    Last edited by Calaelen; July 3rd, 2024 at 06:36 PM.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I do think PayPal can do payment plans? That might be a safe way for people that can't do it all at once.

I can't remember the type of wood the fork was, but it came down in a hurricane:

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Ooh that looks like lacewood. I've got a massive lacewood fork that's too big for me as well.

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I do think PayPal can do payment plans? That might be a safe way for people that can't do it all at once.

I can't remember the type of wood the fork was, but it came down in a hurricane:

Ooh. That is a gorgeous one, I would definitely have a hard time letting that go too.. I think it's maybe oak. I remember the tree thing. Silk oak?
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh that's what it was I think! Silk oak!

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Ooh. That is a gorgeous one, I would definitely have a hard time letting that go too.. I think it's maybe oak. I remember the tree thing. Silk oak?

It reminds me of the grain, and chatoyance, in a fork I still don't know if I will ever let go.. Ailbhean. The most huge, epic, art nouveau reminiscent, beast (I thought she looked like an elephant, hence the name) that Neko Kawaii made me in one of our earliest gift swaps. I think it was her first fork, possibly first hair accessory, before she ever had a shop. It's always been my most treasured piece, and I think if I can never wear it again, it may become wall art. Not even joking.

Eta, oh and since I can't say a thing like that and NOT show, there's a action shot of her in an album on my profile.
    Last edited by Calaelen; July 11th, 2024 at 07:53 AM.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Southern silky oak, Australian. And quartersawn for the best display of that grain. Gorgeous.

It does look a lot like the sycamore that Ailbhean is made from, which was also a storm tree.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Now I wonder if my fork really is lacewood.

Oh I looked it up, lacewood is a more general term for the wood grain. I guess it's OK.