Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Floor Length and Beyond

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Floor Length and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Realized I've never posted a length shot in this thread since reaching floor, so I'll cross-post my latest one:

Not the best quality because one of my lights burned out. Hope to get some outdoor shots with better lighting soon.
    Congrats on reaching beyond floor length!
    This is my actual long-term goal length as well : Your hair is stunning!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Welcome back, RadioactiveLily Congrats on reaching floor!! I saw your picture come up in the activity stream and it looks lovely! (maybe it didn't attach properly here?)

I also find even English braiding a chore at this length, but I'll still do it occasionally. French or Dutch braiding however, I haven't attempted in a year or two. I'm content with wearing the same bun every day though, so I don't mind.
    I feel sometimes I should venture to find my terminal while I'm here since I won't be forever, but I ultimately like this length and don't want to complicate my routine any further.
    Thank you! Yes, I couldn't get it to attach earlier.

I haven't French braided my hair in a couple years either. I tried this week and the ends tangled and stuck together like velcro. It cost me 20 minutes more with the brush after I quit trying. Does yours do the same?
    Last edited by RadioactiveLily; May 25th, 2024 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Technical issues, user error :)

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Congrats on reaching beyond floor length!
    This is my actual long-term goal length as well : Your hair is stunning!
    Thanks, Dark40!

Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveLily View Post
    Thank you! Yes, I couldn't get it to attach earlier.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I haven't French braided my hair in a couple years either. I tried this week and the ends tangled and stuck together like velcro. It cost me 20 minutes more with the brush after I quit trying. Does yours do the same?
    Pic worked now - very pretty!

Oh yes, definitely. I've seen it called "back-braiding", when the ends braid themselves together as you're moving the sections around. The only way to avoid it is separating the sections after each pass. What worked for me before was, after adding the hair and moving it to the other side, pulling only the section I had just gone over/under up and away from the rest of the ends to untangle it. Dutch was always way easier because this section would lay on top. But if this method failed and I hit a snag, with the ends so far beyond fingertip, there was no salvaging it. My hair is more knot-prone these days, so I haven't felt inclined to try anymore.

Length
    Neck/WL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Wow...amazing RadioactiveLily and Lapis_Lazuli! You've done what very few people are capable of doing (hmmm...how many people in the world have floor-length hair...I'd imagine probably less than 50,000 and maybe substantially less than even that?).

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I'm so jealous it makes me want to aim for floor again even though it's pretty much impossible now

Backbraiding- there IS a word for it! Yes, that's exactly what happens. I try to separate the sections by pulling and jiggling them upward, but with smaller sections of a French braid it's just hopeless. I can manage an English braid but it's careful work until I get it going a ways.