Thread: Finding a Replacement for my Favourite Conditioner

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Finding a Replacement for my Favourite Conditioner

So, my go-to conditioner has been out of stock online and in store for a month and a half now. Not only am I running low but I'm worried that it's been discontinued. I'm looking for a good replacement that's not too expensive and easily available in Canada. My biggest challenge is that silicone-free conditioners all seem to be full of oils, especially coconut oil high up on the ingredients list. While I love oils, I find that I need fatty alcohols to be in the first few ingredients. That's hard to find in a silicone-free conditioner. I want something fairly light since I'll be using it to CO/on my scalp. I've listed the ingredients below. Hopefully, you guys have some suggestions!

Down Under Naturals Nude Raspberry Splash

Aqua (Water/Eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Paraffinum Liquidum, Quaternium-18, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Parfum (fragrance), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Citric Acid,DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchlorisonthiazolinone, Methylisothiazolione.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    BSL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Finding a Replacement for my Favourite Conditioner

I think Giovanni conditioners will be helpful for you. I don’t know if they’ll be heavy enough since your HG has paraffin and I rarely see that in conditioners nowadays.
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL •WL​ • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    I think Giovanni conditioners will be helpful for you. I don’t know if they’ll be heavy enough since your HG has paraffin and I rarely see that in conditioners nowadays.
    You know, I remember seeing those in stores before but I haven't lately. I wonder where I can find them.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Looking at the ingredients, I think you might also have luck with a premade conditioner base? Those tend to have fatty alcohols high up and don't always have cones.

Here's a few:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/455164476

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG 40 Castor Oil (and) Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil.

------------

https://mountainroseherbs.com/unscen...ku=13-00161-09

Organic aloe juice, organic babassu oil, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic apricot kernel oil, organic glycerin, glyceryl stearate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, chamomile extract, panthenol DL, Vitamin E acetate, rosemary seed extract, vitamin C, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, propanediol (preservative), ethylexyl glycerin (preservative), and potassium sorbate (preservative).

-------------
    https://essentialsbycatalina.com/pro...ditioner-base/

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol, Organic Sage Leaf Extract, Organic Horsetail Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Organic Chamomile Flower Extract, Organic Ginseng Root Extract, Organic Oat Meal Extract, Organic Lemon Peel Extract, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Alcohol, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin E Acetate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Other bonus, these tend to be way less expensive per ounce, and then you could add whatever scent you wanted to them

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Looking at the ingredients, I think you might also have luck with a premade conditioner base? Those tend to have fatty alcohols high up and don't always have cones.

Here's a few:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/455164476

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG 40 Castor Oil (and) Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil.

------------

https://mountainroseherbs.com/unscen...ku=13-00161-09

Organic aloe juice, organic babassu oil, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic apricot kernel oil, organic glycerin, glyceryl stearate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, chamomile extract, panthenol DL, Vitamin E acetate, rosemary seed extract, vitamin C, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, propanediol (preservative), ethylexyl glycerin (preservative), and potassium sorbate (preservative).

-------------
    https://essentialsbycatalina.com/pro...ditioner-base/

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol, Organic Sage Leaf Extract, Organic Horsetail Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Organic Chamomile Flower Extract, Organic Ginseng Root Extract, Organic Oat Meal Extract, Organic Lemon Peel Extract, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Alcohol, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin E Acetate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Other bonus, these tend to be way less expensive per ounce, and then you could add whatever scent you wanted to them
    That's an interesting idea although potentially bad for my wallet.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    That's an interesting idea although potentially bad for my wallet.
    hahaha well at least it's an option if you can't turn up anything else!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Not sure about the shipping costs to Canada, but I can recommend NightBlooming's conditioner bar. It costs a bit to buy, but lasts forever. Shipping costs and taxes to Sweden are expensive, but the cost is still cheaper for me, with how long the bar lasts, than if I were to buy liquid conditioners locally. https://www.nightblooming.com/produc...a-conditioner/

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Not sure about the shipping costs to Canada, but I can recommend NightBlooming's conditioner bar. It costs a bit to buy, but lasts forever. Shipping costs and taxes to Sweden are expensive, but the cost is still cheaper for me, with how long the bar lasts, than if I were to buy liquid conditioners locally. https://www.nightblooming.com/produc...a-conditioner/
    I agree.
    The leaf size I bought months ago (enough months to forget when exactly it was!) look like it's untouched eventhough I've used it regularly.
    Love it!
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I thought I mentioned it in my first post but I guess I didn't. I already have some Nightshade's conditioner bar and I like it but it's too heavy to CO with.