• Essential oils for hair loss and shedding -- Meg's Method by Meg_Evenstar

I have lost about 1/3 of my hair over the last five years due to hormonal and stress related shedding. I accidentally stumbled over this formula to reduce shedding and reverse hair loss. I have been using it since late August of 2004. My shedding is completely stopped and my hair thickness is returning. My hair feels stronger and healthier than it has since my teen years. Here is my formula.

1/2 teaspoon of Chrome Dome essential oil blend
    4oz of Carrier oil -- Emu, Jojoba, Camellia, or any deep penetrating oil
    10 drops of Thyme
    10 drops of Sage -- Dalmation or Clary

Mix these all together and put in a 4 to 6 ounce processing bottle from a beauty supply store. I got one at Sally's with a pointed applicator nozzel. Use this oil daily on your scalp at night. Message in well and brush it through the length for overall conditioning. Wash it out in the morning. It may take two washings to get it all out. Condition as usual and dry. When shedding has stopped use this once to twice a week to keep the scalp healthy and the shedding at bay. It will take about six months but you will notice new growth and the thickness returning.

I use the Emu oil as I have found it to be the best for this purpose, but Jojoba does work also. I have also put the blend in Ayurverda oils with good results.

The Thyme and Sage oil can be omitted, but I do use them. Maurine from Everyday Henna told me to also use Spikenard from Nepal, but I have not bought any of that yet.

Chrome Dome can be found here: http://www.essentialwholesale.com/sh...l+Oil+Bl ends Scroll down to find it. It use to be called Hair Thinning Oil, but they changed the name to Chrome Dome.

Good luck to all who try this recipe. It has saved my hair when I felt like giving up.

Meg

Comments 4 Comments
      Thumper -
      Thanks for sharing this. I seem to be going through the exact same thing as you describe. I've been having allot of hormone issues and the amount of hair loss I have has been horrible. Did you find that your hair was breaking more? Where would I find the Thyme and Sage oil?
      Thank you
      mira-chan -
      No problem. This is actually Meg's article and I don't think she's been active since 2006-2007 ish. I have had shedding issues myself they were health related but not hormonal. I can't speak for Meg but I can only say from experience. I actually haven't used that combination of oils as well.

During my sheds, my hair didn't break, it just shed out out and also stopped growing for about a year. From what I understand, breakage is more common with hormonal related sheds.

As for where to find the oils, I find health food type stores will carry at least those. They are relatively common essential oils.
      Anshul585 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
      Thanks for sharing this. I seem to be going through the exact same thing as you describe. I've been having allot of hormone issues and the amount of hair loss I have has been horrible. Did you find that your hair was breaking more? Where would I find the Thyme and Sage oil?
      Thank you
      You can alternatively use a mix of coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of essential oils. I've read many times that lavender, rosemary and thyme essential oils are very beneficial for hair growth. Also, coconut oil is the best penetrative oil which can penetrate deep into the hair shaft and olive oil is a bit heavy but very beneficial as a deep treatment. One more oil for thinning hair is castor oil, it has many benefits. I've tried castor oil and it worked for me.
      Oiling your hair can stop shedding and scalp infections. Oil your hair daily with a few drops of coconut oil and do deep treatments once or twice a week with a mixture of different oils.
      I think it will help you, if not let me know about it.
      hanne jensen -
      All I got was Page Not Found. Could you give instructions for which EOs to blend with what? I've had a massive shed and my hair has changed a lot since the onset of menapause.

I have coconut oil.
  • Recent Articles

• Sponsors