PDA

View Full Version : Surprised with my natural hair scent, I love it!

catfish
August 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ever sense I went mostly WO, with catnip rinses and oil for conditioning, I have noticed a new smell to my hair, it never smells dirty or greasy and although I was sure that once I stopped using yummy scented conditioners that my hair would smell funky, it doesn't. I just smells clean and fresh, and kinda sweet. It is the freshness of clean river water, mixed with the sweetness of cream. I know it sounds weird but I can't describe it any other way.:silly:

Any one else like the scent of their natural hair? Or maybe even...gasp... prefer it to good smelly products?

rapunzhell13
August 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I quite like it too. :)

Nevermore
August 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM
What kind of oil do you use? I'm curious if that, plus your catnip rinses, is what gives you such nice smelling mostly WO hair. Since Suave quit making my favorite conditioner for CO, I'd be inclined to join you on creamy riverwater hair :)

Nicole.Amina
August 8th, 2008, 11:04 PM
When I did my brief WO stint I enjoyed the scent of my hair. It was a pleasant earthy smell. But I had this paranoia that others thought it smelled bad so that didn't last too long. Lol

catfish
August 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Nevermore- I use coconut oil mostly. I'm wanting to try camellia too:D
I'm not sure that the oil and catnip are what is giving me such yummy smelling hair but I'm not complaining if it is.

Nicole.Amina-I think we are our own worst smell critics:p I've actually gotten compliments on how I smell, which I love, never used to happen.

nucleardelusion
August 12th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Oh good! I thought I was the only one who noticed that smell. I was also afraid that it was a bad smell that I just thought in my head was sweet. :p

GreenGables
August 19th, 2008, 06:36 AM
I kinda like my smell also^^ It's kinda "natural" and different, but I like it. My BF's hair smells like you described, really nice!!