PDA

View Full Version : Easy heat-free ringlet curls

Luminaria
August 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hi everyone!!
I've developed a new way to make some really nice ringlet curls (and possibly some waves). This method does not require heat. It uses 2-strand twists and banding. It requires some elastics or scrunchies and if needed, gel or any of your favorite styling product. For best results, try it on damp, detangled hair.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Divide your (damp) hair into the sections you want curly (or wavy).
~The bigger you make your sections, the looser the curls will be.
~The smaller the sections, the tighter the curls will be.

2. Secure these sections with an elastic or scrunchie.
~Secure at the root of your hair firmly, but not too tight.
~It might be possible to secure your hair midlength if you want curls at the ends.

3. Make a 2-strand twist on each section. That is, divide each section into 2 and twist these sections around each other.
~Try to do them tightly because they tend to loosen.

4. Band each section with elastics or scrunchies. That is, tie elastics or scrunchies around your twists, spacing them about 1"~2" apart.
~The more further you space the elastics or scrunchies, the looser the curls.
~The more closer you space the elastics or scrunchies, the tighter the curls.

5. Allow the sections to dry. When dry, carefully remove the elastics or scrunchies. Then untwist the twists.

6. Loosen the twists with your fingers.
~Make sure to loosen near the roots, so that any parts will blend in with rest your hair.
~Use hairspray for extra hold.

7. You're done!! You now have beautiful ringlet curls! Enjoy!! :)

Luminaria
August 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Note: I tried it after I washed and detangled my hair. I did not use any products or oils. I divided my hair into 4 sections and used elastics. I spaced the elastics 1/2"~1" apart because my hair is short. My hair is kinda thin, so it made 3a/3b curls. It's about day 3 and it's still curly and defined. Good luck!!

joflakes
August 28th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Oohh. That sounds cool! I wish I had time to do it today. My french braid got removed when I was half asleep as it was hurting my neck. :)