PDA

View Full Version : Hi

sn0w
August 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
hi all
i guess u start off here
and this is the part where i say some thing as to why i joined this site and my hair and me

ok will i was looking for a hair style that does not put any stress on my hair and keeps it form getting tangled and in my face

hmm now about my hair :
its long i think bout 40inches (basically i'm close to sitting on it ) and some parts have been bleached as i put color in it occasionally (blue or green)

also i have no idea how to classify my hair in my profile thing with the codes all i know is that my hair is long strait and fine/light

bout me :
i live in a Caribbean country basically an island called Trinidad not a great place to have long hair since it can get kinda hot.

what else or rite goal length:
i have no clue i think i will grow my hair till i cant manage it any more :rolleyes:

Pierre
August 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Welcome to LHC!

If your hair naturally grows straight, it's type 1. 1a is stick-straight; 1b and 1c have a slight wave.

My favorite style for hot days is a pair of Dutch braids. With hair that long, you could roll up each braid into a ball behind your ear. Or you could make a bun and wet it for extra cooling. Or you could invent something...

sn0w
August 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
thanks

and will try advised hairstyle

Arctic
August 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hello and warm welcome! Wow you live in a tropical paradice!

Here you can find an article about hairtyping (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5), that should help you!

Nyghtingale
August 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome!! I understand about the heat. North Carolina in August with the humidity, ouch!

butterflykisses
August 9th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Hi!
I'm a pretty new member also, so welcome from another newbie =)
Humidity can do terrible things to hair... I'm sure you have some sun and water damage then too, if you are from an island! Anyway best of luck on LHC and have fun!

sn0w
August 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
actually the most damage i have is form bleaching parts of it long time ago

but other than that the humidity does not do much to strait hair
and well i have not been to the beach lately so i dont have much damage yet.

hopefuly i will find some ways to reduce the damage the beach can do for when i do find my way to a beach :p

SchnauzerMom
August 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hi and welcome to the boards. It's hot and humid where I live too!