PDA

View Full Version : I overheard a conversation

Sarahlabyrinth
August 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I overheard a conversation between a woman and her husband at work last week as I walked past them, she mentioned a hairy pear and I was wondering if she had bought a new fruit until I realised they were standing in the shampoo aisle, lol!:D

MeowScat
August 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe she meant hairy pair! Hahahaaa!!

MrsGuther
August 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Maybe she meant hairy pair! Hahahaaa!!
LOL! That's just what I was thinking!

katfemme89
August 27th, 2012, 09:34 PM
... Now I'm wondering what strange people buy shampoo for their pubes. I don't like wondering this. Blegh. LOL!

piffyanne
August 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
... Now I'm wondering what strange people buy shampoo for their pubes. I don't like wondering this. Blegh. LOL!
Personally, I think it's FAR from nasty to consider shampooing the nether-bits (keeping the soaps out of the areas that need to maintain their delicate PHs, of course).

I find that the hair down there can provide space for bacteria to flourish, and possibly to emit odors. No, it doesn't SMELL like pits, but it's got a distinctive odor that I'd rather not be emitting, especially if I was standing near someone who was seated, etc.

I worry about that, really and truly. shudder:

If you wash your armpits, what's so wrong with washing the other parts that can start to smell a bit off-color, too?

Arakazi
August 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Well said Piffyanne!
Lol I wonder what they were taking about though.... :hmm:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
:D:D:D Hair repair!

piffyanne
August 28th, 2012, 12:24 AM
:D:D:D Hair repair!

My thought progression:
:hmm: > :disgust: > :agape: > :spitting:> :doh: >:rollin: >:wigtongue

joflakes
August 28th, 2012, 01:48 AM
:spitting:

This is why I love LHC!

MeowScat
August 28th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Ohhhhh! Hair repair! Hahaaaaa!

My Mind: "Hello gutter!"
Gutter: "You again?!"

PinkyCat
August 28th, 2012, 04:02 AM
HAHAHA!! That's great! You are not alone with your audio phantoms!

Last week I overheard my boss and one of my co-workers talking about where to buy tent stakes. Annnnnnnd for a split second I thought they were talking about a cut of meat.

"Hmmm. Tent steaks? Wonder what those are like..."

RubySlippers
August 28th, 2012, 04:25 AM
:rollin:

Oh sarahlabrynth! I bet you didn't see that innocent comment getting so quickly out of hand! :lol:

But I didn't even think of hair repair! I went straight to the gutter with the others!:o

Nae
August 28th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Oh man! Hair repair! Of course. :bounce:

I do this ALL the time. All the time, my kids think I am nuts.

Kid:"Mom, I am going to the store with Kelsey."

Me:"You are staying on the floor with Kelsey? What kind of sleepover is that? If you need an inflatable mattress just ask, we can pack one for you."

Kid::confused::rolleyes:

jacqueline101
August 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I like the hairy pair.

browneyedsusan
August 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM
:rollin:

Oh sarahlabrynth! I bet you didn't see that innocent comment getting so quickly out of hand! :lol:

But I didn't even think of hair repair! I went straight to the gutter with the others!:o

:laugh:So did I!!!!

hair repair.... *sheesh*:p

MaryO
August 28th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Bwahaha!! Took me a while and then had a good laugh!!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Haha, it was so funny that you didn't get it straight away - I even mentioned that they were standing in the shampoo aisle! Just had to set you straight eventually.

Reminds me of a time a customer came up to me and asked if we had any *fusoirre*
I'm busy thinking - fusoirre, fusoirre, what could that be? Maybe he's looking for a kind of French wine - brain churning away trying to work it out - then he says -

Fusoirre, for when the fuse is broken. Ooooh, FUSE WIRE! - got it now!

And the customer who asked for spungi cake (rhymes with fungi) she was really wanting sponge cake - I always call it spungi cake now, lol.

MrsGuther
August 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Lol I feel dumb now. I originally I was like 'hairy pear?'. Then I thought hairy pair (like a pair, or couple of people). Then I read the comments after me and it looked like someone thought genitals were being referenced. Aghhh!! Lol. I think the mystery is solved : HAIR REPAIR FOR THE WIN!!

In2wishin
August 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Haha, it was so funny that you didn't get it straight away - I even mentioned that they were standing in the shampoo aisle! Just had to set you straight eventually.

Reminds me of a time a customer came up to me and asked if we had any *fusoirre*
I'm busy thinking - fusoirre, fusoirre, what could that be? Maybe he's looking for a kind of French wine - brain churning away trying to work it out - then he says -

And the customer who asked for spungi cake (rhymes with fungi) she was really wanting sponge cake - I always call it spungi cake now, lol.

To this day I think of Cluny lace (the thick tatting looking lace) as "clumpy lace" after a customer called it that.

dwell_in_safety
August 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
My mind went straight to the gutter, too. I was like, "Hmm, well, different strokes." :p

spirals
August 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Was I the only one picturing pears with peach-like fuzz? I was picking my brain for exotic fruit.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Was I the only one picturing pears with peach-like fuzz? I was picking my brain for exotic fruit.

Exactly. Like a fuzzy pear.

Bedhead
August 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I was picturing a pear with pokey kind of hairs like a lychee nut, only the pokey hairs were black!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I was picturing a pear with pokey kind of hairs like a lychee nut, only the pokey hairs were black!

Bedhead that sounds like creepy fruit!

RubySlippers
August 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM

See, the fact that they were in the shampoo aisle did not make it better for me...it just meant they were more likely to be using an unusual nick name for, you know, her hairy pear... :lol:

Maybe
August 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Nope, me too.

I was thinking the shampoo had Hairy Pear in it.

I am laughing my butt off right now....

Arakazi
August 30th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Hahaha Sarahlabyrinth!! This was just brilliant! I can't believe my mind went to the gutter so quickly :p I imagined the whole thing at a New World around the corner from me too which is funny. New Zealanders do tend to talk quickly so I suppose its easier to jumble up words :shrug:

CurlyCurves
August 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
My thought progression:
:hmm: > :disgust: > :agape: > :spitting:> :doh: >:rollin: >:wigtongue
:D:D

:spitting:

This is why I love LHC!

Ditto!

Nightshade
August 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/nito500/nito5001205/nito500120500022/13486812-a-pair-of-kiwis-on-a-white-background.jpg

/not helping

:lol:

PeaceTeaRules
August 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM
This thread rocks and is really funny!! LHC you had to brighten my day again!! Here Have some :blossom: :cookie: :cookie: :blossom:

I was also thinking about some exotic fruit; then the genital thing came up and well... wow... My mind is in the gutter too... :D