PDA

View Full Version : One random spiral curl!?

bunnylake
August 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I've been meaning to ask you guys about this!
For as long as I can remember I'd always had one or two pieces of hair underneath that are perfect spiral curls. Unless of course I brush or comb them out. But still, it's so weird! Here's a pic.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d5z3K3iD1rztkero1_1280.jpg

Otherwise my hair is wavy. Some days are wavier than others. I have a lot of frizz but I'm wondering if it's not actually frizz, but shorts hairs that want to be curls, so they stick up and out.
Here's what it looks like after air-drying.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m945ksCMZL1rztkero1_1280.jpg
I might give the CG method a try for a couple of weeks and see if I'm a closet curly!

rtree721
August 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I really hope you get some good answers because I have a similar problem. My bottom layer, close to my neck, can easily spiral while the top lays flat/wavy. But at least your hair has a nice wave all over. I am sure there is something you can do to encourage your curl.

Ravenwind
August 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My hair is naturally wavy and when it was longer I would get a couple random curls too. It might just be part of the waviness?

Sarahlabyrinth
August 27th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Haha, I too get one, and only one, spiral curl in my underlayer of hair, it's really strange...

Natalia
August 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
i have one too in my case its a family quirk all the women on my moms side have it. My aunt is the only natural curly the rest are wavy or straight. I woud find it much more adorable if it didnt cause so many tangles.

elea
August 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
they are great, i hope you make the best of them.

i get a couple of random straght-ish locks and single them out when i spot then.
a friend of mine had a lock naturally 2 tone lighter than the rest of her hair, she used to call it her guest.

neko_kawaii
August 27th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Add me to the more straight than wavy upper layers and wavy with the random spiral curl under layer club. When my hair was about shoulder length I could clip back the front sides when it was wet and let it dry and most of my hair from the front would appear curly. Longer lengths just stretches them right out though. I've tried CG and it had a minimal effect and wasn't worth the extra work for me. It is worth trying, you might have better luck!

spirals
August 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm a textbook 3a, except for the random 3b curl at my nape on the left and the 1b parts over my ears. It happens.

Dandelion6
August 27th, 2012, 09:56 PM
That's really neat. Your overall wave pattern looks firmly 2a while you have that one 2c wurl!