PDA

View Full Version : Huh! So I'm not a 1

RubySlippers
August 27th, 2012, 03:47 AM
(first off, sorry! I know the are a million of these threads, but I need to expressly amazement and also ask your opinion on what type I actually am!)

I thought I was a 1.

Sure, 1C, but 1.

I did a CO was on Saturday and was a very very good girl and didn't touch it at all while it dried (which took forever!) and got my sister to take a picture of the back of my head and this is what I saw!

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p624/Ruby5lippers/c744a5d1.jpg

I am astonished! I knew it was a little wavy, but this is nearly curly to my mind!

So am I a 2a? 2b? I don't think I have any spirals, so probably not a 2c, but I don't know where the line is between a and b!

DancingQueen
August 27th, 2012, 03:55 AM
2a maybe? :)

RubySlippers
August 27th, 2012, 04:06 AM
From the visual hair typing guide:

2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
2c - distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there

So I'm thinking probably 2a too.

I wonder what would happen if I plopped!

palaeoqueen
August 27th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Lovely waves! I say 2a too.

pink.sara
August 27th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Well, hairtyping is done on clarified, unconditioned hair as conditioner can weigh down if it's heavy, or encourage curls if they are dry and generally change the natural texture.

So who knows you may be even wavier than this?!

I'd say 2a though :)

RubySlippers
August 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Well, hairtyping is done on clarified, unconditioned hair as conditioner can weigh down if it's heavy, or encourage curls if they are dry and generally change the natural texture.

So who knows you may be even wavier than this?!

I'd say 2a though :)

Ah, well I wont be shampooing again til the equinox, or whenever inext need to henna, whichever comes first, so maybe I'll clarify then and we'll see. I really hate the thought of letting it dry without conditioner, but I guess I'll suck it up for the sake of seeing what my hair is really like!

pink.sara
August 27th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Ah, well I wont be shampooing again til the equinox, or whenever inext need to henna, whichever comes first, so maybe I'll clarify then and we'll see. I really hate the thought of letting it dry without conditioner, but I guess I'll suck it up for the sake of seeing what my hair is really like!

It's pretty harsh! I only do it about once a year just to see if I'm needing protein/moisture and then I go condition after it's dried.

You could always just try plopping and see how wavy it could be... Far more fun :)

RubySlippers
August 27th, 2012, 05:42 AM
No doubt that will be far more fun, but I'll still have the deep down desire to know what my hair is *really* like. Also, i figure if im only shampooing four times a year i may as well do it thoroughly! However I'll DT immediately after.

blondie9912
August 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I would say a 2a! Your hair looks like mine if I COMPLETELY leave it alone while drying. Lord knows I don't have the patience for that, though :)

Lostsoule77
August 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'd say probably 2a too. Could definitely tell better if you clarify and then air dry. I'd still say you are too wavy to be a 1 though. :)

battles
August 27th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Almost hair twin? :eek:

I'm a 2a/2b, and you look really similar to me. We're also same length and similar color. :p

ETA: Hm, I think I would agree with 2a, actually. :agree:

katfemme89
August 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I had the same results with my WO wash...

Before:
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532998_3766021025276_1698383284_a.jpg

After:
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557507_3791461901282_1098576021_a.jpg

tambalina
August 27th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I thought I was a 1b myself until I tried the CG Method. My results are about the same as yours.

I would say you are a 2a from that picture!! (Maybe even a 2b if you plopped . . . )

Yay for being a wurly!!

jojo
August 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I'd say your naturally a 2a but can enhance it to a 2b with scrunching, but your natural, none manipulated texture is a 2a!

Yozhik
August 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Definitely a 2a in my book! :)

It always makes me so interested to see natural texture brought out -- I went to school with a girl who blow dried her hair her entire teen life, so she didn't realize she was a wavy until high school!

Katze
August 28th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, you are definitely a wavy!

Another way of categorizing hair that has helped me a LOT is 'how does your hair behave'? I used to not understand why my hair had 'bumps and flips' - never having had it long, I could not comprehend that these were waves! But when I moved to a more humid environment (NYC) my hair started acting up when it was humid out - basically acting like wavy hair. It frizzes and looks different every day, so even though the crown is straight, I treat it like wavy hair.

Maybe thinking of yours as wavy (more moisture, etc) will help make it even more so? Plopping, skipping curls, scrunching, bun waves...try em all! :D

From the visual hair typing guide:

2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
2c - distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there

So I'm thinking probably 2a too.

I wonder what would happen if I plopped!

See, this doesn't work for me, because I have all three kinds of '2' type waves in my hair, plus straight 1 type hair on my crown. If I could accurately write my hairtype, it would be 1c/2c. So it is possible to be a mixed type too.

Ashlbee
September 18th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Your hair is the same texture as mine if I don't touch it at all while it dries!

I lived the last 20 years of my life thinking I had completely straight hair with a cow lick since when I brush it it is very straight and has a bit of poof to it. (It has always damaged from bleach, blow drying, hair straightener, etc.) then since LHC I have been experimenting with oils, CO, etc. and sworn off bleach and most heat... And lo! Hark do my eyes deceive me, I have waves!! O.O I've always wanted loose waves so now I am trying to maximize them any way possible :D

Gratz on your discovery!

silverthread
September 18th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Same as mine (except not gray LOL!), so I'd say 2a.

spidermom
September 18th, 2012, 07:40 AM
It's impossible to type my hair with no conditioner. It turns into fluff all over with no wave or curl pattern at all. Picture a cloud.