PDA

View Full Version : Long than fingertips

Anabell
August 27th, 2012, 02:35 AM
hello everyone!
I am new here. I found this community like three weeks ago, and I find it really interesting and full of inspiration.
I want to ask, just for curiosity- for those who have a hair that longer than fingertips- are you able to do a french\duch braid? Is it just matter of time and practice, or it physically impossible?

*English is not my native language, so excuse me for my grammer mistakes...

DancingQueen
August 27th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I don't have hair that long, but I know it is possible. Just check out videos on youtube, and other longhairs. I know torrinpaige have some, but there are also lots of other longhairs out there. :)

Anabell
August 27th, 2012, 04:00 AM
I used to think that my hair is too long for that too. until I saw torrin page. she has hair in the similar length like mine, and I learn from her a lot of hairstyles for long hair that I can do on mine. I also see videos about hair care with girls that have a knee long hair. but never see them french braiding...

JesusFreak88
August 27th, 2012, 04:18 AM
I don't have hair longer than finger tip yet but I have seen videos of people who do braid their hair. One way they braid it so they can reach is letting some of the length rest on their sholder. I have also seen people wrap it around their neck. Sitting and having the braid rest in your lap while braiding will also work.

Madora
August 27th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I have hair longer than my fingertips and I can lace braid my hair in a crown braid around my head.

However, keeping the ends tangle free when I lace crown braid is getting to be a problem because my hair is longer than my arms. It is a problem to keep my lace braid tidy and in place with one hand, while the other hand tries to untangle the strands each time I do a crossover.

I may have to resort to using a large clip to hold the lace braid in place while I work on the strands. So far, I've been able to just shake out the ends to keep them separate..but that is not going to work forever.

Length and braiding: Depending on how dexterous you are, you could French Dutch/English braid your hair more easily if you were doing a center, back of the head braid. It would take an infinite amount of patience to do an elaborate French Dutch/English braid style that called for numerous crossovers around the head (I'm thinking of some of the Dreamweaver braiding patterns).

Of course, you could just braid the hair without French Dutch/English braiding. That would be much simpler to do, although you'd have to adjust the way you braid as you're working down the length.

Just because you can't braid your hair in the French English/Dutch way is not cause for concern. You can create lovely braided updos with multiple braids. All it takes is practice and learning how to section your hair

MrsGuther
August 27th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I can see how that would be difficult, but certainly not physically impossible.

Cowgirl16
August 27th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I am with Madora. It is possible; but yeah, the tangles as I am doing it are getting to be troublesome. :shrug:

Henrietta
August 27th, 2012, 10:12 AM
If you're afraid not only of tangles but also of the length, technically... people wrap their hair around their necks (the already braided part) to make it shorter, or use doorknobs :D

jacqueline101
August 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I've seen videos and pictures of others on here that have hair that's past finger tip they braid it.