PDA

View Full Version : Help! Are suave wild cherry blossom conditioner and shampoo cone free?

firevegan
August 26th, 2012, 09:38 PM
here are the ingredients.

Suave Naturals, Wild Cherry Blossom shampoo:

water, sodium laurenth sulfate, cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, fragrance, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, citric acid, tocopheryl acetate [Vitamin E acetate], methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, PPG-9, Prunus serrulata flower extract, red 33, yellow 5

Suave Naturals, Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner:

water, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, fragrance, lactic acid, potassium chloride, disodium EDTA, PEG-150 Distearate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, tocopheryl acetate, vitamin acetate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, prunus serrulata flower extract, red 33, yellow 5

whew! that took a while.
I really need to know if these have any cones in them because I'm about to use color oops and I heard cones can make the color go re oxidize.

gthlvrmx
August 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
nope! no cones!! :D usually they end in "-cone" if its a silicone. this coditioner doesnt even have sorbitol i wonder if itll be a better option for my hair....

wait..did you write the ingredients by typing it down from the bottle??

akilina
August 26th, 2012, 09:48 PM
No cones. :) Looking up the long chemical sounding ingredients on http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ is very helpful and interesting. It is a cosmetic database where you can look up ingredients and chemicals and what they really are and do.

firevegan
August 26th, 2012, 10:39 PM
yay cone free. i'm safe.

yeah I typed it out by hand looking at my bottles. xD

and thank you for the website.

SerinaDaith
August 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cone free but sulfates in the shampoo it looks like.

Diamond.Eyes
August 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I believe all of the products from the 'Suave Naturals' line are cone free and all of the conditioners are SLS free. The shampoos contain sulfates though. :flower:

gthlvrmx
August 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
yay cone free. i'm safe.

yeah I typed it out by hand looking at my bottles. xD

and thank you for the website.

oh my god thats hard work >.< you know you can just type in the name of the product and search up the ingredients on google? would have been easier for your hands! i remember i did that before and i was so pissed i kept mistyping things :(

jacqueline101
August 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cone free.

LoveSnap
August 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I believe all of the products from the 'Suave Naturals' line are cone free and all of the conditioners are SLS free. The shampoos contain sulfates though. :flower:

I was about to add this same thing--they're cone free. I love me some Suave Naturals! :inlove: They are lovely at detangling afro-textured hair.