PDA

View Full Version : My bangs are greasier than any other park of my hair

Rufflebutt
August 26th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I'm wondering if it's partially due to the fact that they hang over my forehead with the sebum from my skin? I have to keep a can of dry shampoo exclusively for my bangs so that I can stretch washes for my length. It's rather annoying. Is that any way to combat this?

battles
August 26th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I wear mine down the first day and then braid or pin them up until my next wash day. That was the only solution I found, while I grow them out. :p

Jessibear2854
August 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I wash my bangs every day because of this. It's the only way I can stretch washes at all.

BrightEyes
August 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
My bangs get greasier before the rest of my hair too. I just wash them when they need it. I put my hair in a pony tail and wash my bangs in my bathroom sink. That has been the best solution I've found:)

Rufflebutt
August 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I wear mine down the first day and then braid or pin them up until my next wash day. That was the only solution I found, while I grow them out. :p I'll stick to dry shampoo as I *really* like my bangs.

Diamond.Eyes
August 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM
My fringe is rather thick and heavy and this part of my hair also gets dirtier a lot sooner than the rest of my hair. This is because of oil and sweat is produced in larger amounts on the face/forehead and a lot of it transfers to the bang area...ick. :undecided

I usually do one of three things when my bangs get dirty: wash them in the sink with a sulfate-free shampoo, braid them up and away from my forehead, or spray a dry shampoo at my roots and run a comb down my fringe to get rid of the oil and buildup. :flower:

elea
August 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
the fringe gets it 1st for the reason you say.
i have to wet it every day to shape it (i don't mind much any explosion at the back but going round with one side stuck to my head and the other sticking out is a tad too much) so i just do it as i wash my face in the morning.
like that, it catches-up with the long back as far as need to wash it. might do the same for you

lapushka
August 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Back when I still had bangs, that happened to me too. The hair is shorter, so sebum takes little to no time to travel down that short piece of hair. You can wash it separately from the rest of your hair with just a tiny bit of shampoo.

shutterpillar
August 27th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I wash mine separately from the rest of my hair every day. I just pull the rest of my hair back into a bun or ponytail and wash my bangs in the sink.

MeowScat
August 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I have this annoying problem, too. Drives me bonkers. Sometimes they're greasy 12 hours after a wash. :(

I wash mine twice with a tiny amount of shampoo. One time isn't enough for me. I even put some shampoo on my forehead and wash that off in case it's oily.

I bun my length since a pony flops over my shoulder and into the sink.

I gather my bangs and run them under either the bathroom or kitchen faucet. I put the shampoo on my index and middle finger and mush it around with my thumb and run it down my bangs from root to end a few times. Mush that around, rinse, repeat. Takes less than one minute. Towel dry, fluff with fingers, or stand in front of a fan. Drying time is about five minutes.

akilina
August 27th, 2012, 07:48 PM
You are still in your teen years. I hope that maybe once you hit 20, things will calm down.
When I was 14-18 I had VERY greasy bangs. It was a combination of raging teen hormones, and that my forehead was always prone to acne and grease, and it always went to my bangs.
The other bad was that I had a nervous habit of playing with my bangs.
Also, you work at Mc Donalds right? I think I saw you post that a few times here and there...sounds like a very greasy place to work and maybe it happens to go to your hair. When I worked in a pizza place it was REALLY bad. I might be wrong though, if you are never close to the fry frier, or cooking areas.

At around 19, things started to change for the better. Hormones started to become more normal and my skin and hair went thru a change.
Now at 21, I have picked up a very simplified face routine, and have almost no problems, yet the bangs still get a tiny bit greasy from the face. I think this is inevitable.

It sounds like your dry shampoo works out just fine for you.
When I was working and getting really good at stretching my washes, I would alternate between dry shampoo, or baby powder(when I was blond), and just washing the front of my hair.

SongofLove
August 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
YESSS I'm so glad to see that so many others have the same oily bangs thing going on; I was thinking it was weird that my bangs get greasy so fast. I do have to wash mine at least every 2 days (sometimes more than once a day depending on how hot the weather is). I wash them in the sink with a bit of shampoo.

BrownEyedBeauty
September 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM
It could be due to the forehead oil transferring to your bangs and/or it could be due to the shorter lengths the bangs are so that the oil from your scalp has less length to travel down. Sort of like how many short haired people feel that their hair gets greasier quicker when its shorter and less so when it is longer due to the length or lack of it that the sebum must travel.

You could try pinning your bangs back or continue to cleanse your bangs separately. When rushed, I would pin them back.

katfemme89
September 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
It could be from playing with them/putting them behind your ear. That would transfer oil from your hands to your hair. I don't have this problem though, so I'm not sure. I have a cowlick so my bangs stand out from my forehead lol

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I use the dry shampoo or just ignore them.

SlipJig
September 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I use a little cornstarch and cocoa powder as dry shampoo when I have this problem, though lately my bangs don't seem to be very greasy at all and only need washing as much as the rest of my hair (probably a perk of leaving my teens behind - I am only one year ahead of you in that respect, but already I have noticed a lot less skin and hair trouble lately).

Even brushing my bangs or sweeping them to the side seems to negate the appearance of a little oiliness, too.

As many here have suggested, you can also pin or braid your fringe back. I have not tried washing my bangs separately myself, but it ought to work just fine!

hermosamendoza
September 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I loved bangs but that was my problem too so I let them grow out again

Suze2012
September 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM
The hair is shorter so it's bound to happen.

I just wash mine everyday whether or not I was the rest.

I've been doing that for years. Not really a problem. It takes more time to brush my teeth! Lol!

maborosi
September 4th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it makes perfect sense that your bangs are oilier than the rest of your hair. Happens to me, too. I live where it's hot and humid, so I sweat and my bangs end up much greasier than the rest of my head.

~maborosi~