PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me if this looks normal!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hello! Lately I have been worrying that my hair on one side up front may be receding or thinning. Dh and others say it looks fine but I am still worried. When I French braid my hair and comb the sides to smooth it I feel like it is sometimes difficult to comb it so that some of my scalp is not showing through. Now, I have always hair very thick hair, and I have been shedding a good bit but nothing extreme. One thought I have is that maybe because I am growing out my bangs a part of the hair that would go here is still too short to do so. I am just really worried that it looks bad and/or is not normal. I have even considered not wearing French braid anymore and that is my go to style. I am finally just getting my hair to where I can do some things with it (won't be too long before I have my APL post!) and I am depressed about the condition of it.It seems so healthy and thick, but I still worry about it looking too thin on the sides. Can you give me your honest opinion?? Thank you so much. Also, please ignore the fact that this was a no-makeup day! I should have put some on before taking pics. ETA: Actually I think if you click on one link you can flip through all three pics! :)

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Hayleykitten/?action=view&current=55d6eece.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1067.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu435%2FHayleykitt en%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D55d6eece.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Hayleykitten/?action=view&current=55d6eece.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1067.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu435%2FHayleykitt en%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D55d6eece.jpg)

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Hayleykitten/?action=view&current=55d6eece.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1067.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu435%2FHayleykitt en%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D57aed052.jpg

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Hayleykitten/?action=view&current=55d6eece.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1067.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu435%2FHayleykitt en%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D57aed052.jpg

StephanieP3
August 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Nothing looks strange to me. :)

ratgirldjh
August 26th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Looks normal to me. You have pretty hair.

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Honestly, it looks great! I want that bun cover of yours, where did you get it? No thining, just beatiful hair!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Honestly, it looks great! I want that bun cover of yours, where did you get it? No thining, just beatiful hair!
Thank you! I got the bun cover from the Bronze Jewelers online. They are pricey but you can upgrade to a larger size for a smaller fee as your hair grows!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Looks normal to me. You have pretty hair.
Thank you!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Nothing looks strange to me. :)
That is reassuring!

spidermom
August 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I can't see what you're talking about. Get away from that mirror!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I can't see what you're talking about. Get away from that mirror!

Haha, sometimes I think I really am too aware of my hair! :o

Messyhair
August 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I think we all have some scalp showing through at the front when we do updos. That's just how it parts in little sections. Yours looks completely normal.

MrsGuther
August 26th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Your hair looks very nice! No signs of thinning as far as I can see. :)

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Thank you! I got the bun cover from the Bronze Jewelers online. They are pricey but you can upgrade to a larger size for a smaller fee as your hair grows!

Oh wow! That sounds awsome! Your welcome, that truly is a beautiful hair toy, and it goes so great with your briliant color! Can you please post a link to their shop? I want to buy a bun cover but cannot figure out where to go from google.

jojo
August 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I don't know what it is that I'm looking for, your hair looks perfectly fine to me!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Oh wow! That sounds awsome! Your welcome, that truly is a beautiful hair toy, and it goes so great with your briliant color! Can you please post a link to their shop? I want to buy a bun cover but cannot figure out where to go from google.
The bun cover is very comfortable as well. Here is the link: http://www.bronzejewelers.com/snoods.htm I have been very happy with it. It is my favorite hair toy.

ETA: Mine is the lotus flower pattern.

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I don't know what it is that I'm looking for, your hair looks perfectly fine to me!
Thanks!:) I'm so glad.

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Your hair looks very nice! No signs of thinning as far as I can see. :)
Thank you so much. I am feeling very reassured!

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM
The bun cover is very comfortable as well. Here is the link: http://www.bronzejewelers.com/snoods.htm I have been very happy with it. It is my favorite hair toy.

ETA: Mine is the lotus flower pattern.

Oh they are beautiful! Gosh though...with my bun, measuring 4.5-5 and a depth of 2.5-3, I would need larger then they have and it would be 65 dollars! :(

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Oh they are beautiful! Gosh though...with my bun, measuring 4.5-5 and a depth of 2.5-3, I would need larger then they have and it would be 65 dollars! :(
Wow, I would do just about anything to have a bun that size! How long is your hair exactly? You could consider getting a smaller one for a half up. That would look lovely.

Diamond.Eyes
August 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Everything seems fine here! :flower:

vanillabones
August 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
My hair is much much thinner / more scalp cleavage NATURALLY, I think your hair looks great.

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Wow, I would do just about anything to have a bun that size! How long is your hair exactly? You could consider getting a smaller one for a half up. That would look lovely.

My hair is nearly BSL, I am very suprised that my bun is this big, it sure doesn't look too impressive. I'm sure as your hair gets longer, your bun will be huge! Oh I could get a smaller one for a half up! What a great idea! Now to convice these layers to make a presentable half up bun lol.

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
My hair is nearly BSL, I am very suprised that my bun is this big, it sure doesn't look too impressive. I'm sure as your hair gets longer, your bun will be huge! Oh I could get a smaller one for a half up! What a great idea! Now to convice these layers to make a presentable half up bun lol.
Ah, yes, layers. I can't wait for mine to all grow out and stop pestering me!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Everything seems fine here! :flower:
Thank you!

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
My hair is much much thinner / more scalp cleavage NATURALLY, I think your hair looks great.
Ha, sometimes I just get worried about it.

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Ah, yes, layers. I can't wait for mine to all grow out and stop pestering me!

Lol yeah! I actually have my hair cut in one long layer that is face framing near the front (it lets me keep a blunt hemline) but the wurly bits on top make the shorter parts of the layer looks a little shorter then I want and it means not as meany beautiful half ups like I want to be able to do....soon soon, both of us will have beautiful one length hair (but I'm keeping a bit of the long layer lol) not that your hair isn't stunning already

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Lol yeah! I actually have my hair cut in one long layer that is face framing near the front (it lets me keep a blunt hemline) but the wurly bits on top make the shorter parts of the layer looks a little shorter then I want and it means not as meany beautiful half ups like I want to be able to do....soon soon, both of us will have beautiful one length hair (but I'm keeping a bit of the long layer lol) not that your hair isn't stunning already
That sounds pretty though. I see that your goal is wl like mine! You are much closer to the goal though! I think within a month I will be making my "finally at APL" post. I think I am there now, barely, but I want to wait until I am more solidly there to make it "official!" It's so funny how excited I am to hit a milestone, however small!

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
That sounds pretty though. I see that your goal is wl like mine! You are much closer to the goal though! I think within a month I will be making my "finally at APL" post. I think I am there now, barely, but I want to wait until I am more solidly there to make it "official!" It's so funny how excited I am to hit a milestone, however small!

Excitment over milestones is great! I am SOO happy to be nearly BSL (cut 3 inches in Janurary and 2 last november and have been trimming 1/4-1/2 inch every 8 weeks or so) I was WL when I cut (with LOTS of breakage and damage and horrible layers, lets say this, my ponytail was not even 4" this time last year because of breakage so far up, now, with all the new growth, its 4.75-5, I'm SO happy! Congrats on nearly APL, WL is sooner then you think! My actual goal is HL, but I wanna at least make WL with a blunt hemline first, then HL then maybe TBL. Then , who knows! I have about 6 inches till WL, (I'm short) but it feels SOOOO far! Oh and the layer IS pretty, but if my hair is being very wurly, it just looks a bit less flowy then I like, the one layer is really meant to be on WL or so hair for the full effect that way there is more length to make it look nicer, but hey, I'll wait till then.:D

kittengirl
August 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Excitment over milestones is great! I am SOO happy to be nearly BSL (cut 3 inches in Janurary and 2 last november and have been trimming 1/4-1/2 inch every 8 weeks or so) I was WL when I cut (with LOTS of breakage and damage and horrible layers, lets say this, my ponytail was not even 4" this time last year because of breakage so far up, now, with all the new growth, its 4.75-5, I'm SO happy! Congrats on nearly APL, WL is sooner then you think! My actual goal is HL, but I wanna at least make WL with a blunt hemline first, then HL then maybe TBL. Then , who knows! I have about 6 inches till WL, (I'm short) but it feels SOOOO far! Oh and the layer IS pretty, but if my hair is being very wurly, it just looks a bit less flowy then I like, the one layer is really meant to be on WL or so hair for the full effect that way there is more length to make it look nicer, but hey, I'll wait till then.:D
That is nice...only 6 inches till waist! I"m so jealous of you! See, that's me too. I want to make wl and have a rounded hem but all one length layers and grow out my bangs and maintain, then see if I want to go longer. I've been doing self trims every 5 months, but I s&d as needed. The ends seem pretty happy. Only the parts in the front that are still growing out from highlighting are thinner and weaker. I have a high waist but a long neck, so growing to neck and APL took forever but hopefully from here on out it will take less time! :p

MotherConfessor
September 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
My job is to put peoples hair up and down all day and I can tell you that most people have spots where scalp shows through when they put their hair up. Your lovely hair does not look to be thinning, though you will always know best about your own body. Just work on updos a bit, try loosening things a little so the crease does not show so much.

tiny squirrel
September 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I agree with everyone here. Your hair is lovely and definitely does not look to be thinning. That said, I think I know what you mean. One side of my hairline goes back farther than the other. I think of it as normal yet annoying. I do looser updos often. With braids, I leave out some front pieces, twist them loosely, then tuck them in and pin. It gives me better control over what the front of my updos look like. But, mostly I agree with Spidermom, "Get away from that Mirror!" Your hair is beautiful!