PDA

View Full Version : I need help :( plz

marobader
August 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
So I gain these very bad habit 5 years ago & it drives my crazy I cut my hair with my pair hand I play with my hair keep touch every indvadual ones & I cut the one with irgular surface with my hand some time I pull it out I do it all the time speacialy when I am nervs like now my hair in the front became horrible :(
what these called & what to do ?

rtree721
August 26th, 2012, 05:55 PM
So would you say that playing with your hair is stressed related? Maybe the best course of action is to keep your hair in an updo so you can't play with it so much. And try out some new hobbies to relax you.

akilina
August 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I can't really read your post...I don't understand it.

But I guess you could call pulling your hair out a nervous habit. Try to focus your energy and mind on other things :)
All you can do is hope that it will grow back in again, as sometimes, ripping your hair out can cause damage and your hair may not come in the same again.

Madora
August 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds like you may be suffering from Trichotillomania...hair pulling.

Perhaps you can wear your hair up to lessen the temptation to touch it.

spidermom
August 26th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Even wrap it in a scarf if that's what it takes. Bad habits can be broken, but the sooner the better.

elea
August 26th, 2012, 08:37 PM
i agree: tie it up out of reach, keep your hands busy and all the best with getting ride of the habbit or what brings it on

Crazycatlady
August 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Yes, I agree. Put it up and it will likely be out of your mind too. I have issues with mine too. If it touches my face, my face will start to itch and drive me crazy. I usually keep the bangs pulled back in a bobby pin and the back in a clip. Good luck : )

battles
August 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I agree, I think what you're talking about sounds like trichotillomania.

Try to keep your hair up or covered so that it isn't as easy for you to pull out.

There's another thread about it here: http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85275&

There are a lot of people that do this, so you aren't alone. :grouphug:

CaitlinMarie93
August 26th, 2012, 09:54 PM
If you are pulling your hair out, you could possibly be suffering from trichotillomania. My best friend suffers from it but she has found with anxiety medication the urge to pull has dropped immensely. Maybe you don't have it as bad and wearing your hair up would suffice?

marobader
August 27th, 2012, 12:34 PM
thanks girls for answering me
but some time I pull the hair out but most of times I keep the hair but I break it I don't know if there is a term for it
I guess determination is what I need

TheWhiteRabbit
August 27th, 2012, 12:46 PM
My sister does this and I have to keep reminding her to stop!

MissAlida
August 27th, 2012, 01:10 PM
It's trichotillomania. Been there, done that. I pulled out all my coarse hairs that I could find on the top of my head. I ended up with a very thinned out patch, and it looked bad.The moment I saw what I've done, I stopped immediately. I think it was the shock of realising that I had done this to myself. I was pretty stressed at the time. Only later on did I find a name for it, on this forum.

Anyways, as others have said, put it up, and wear a scarf. And I'd suggest buying one of those flour filled ballon toys, that you can mold. When you feel like doing something with your hands, for example while watching tv, jut play with it. Don't harm yourself.:) Hairs are sometimes kinky, or coarse. That doesn't mean they are bad. And by the way, the ones that you pulled out will grow back. They did for me. Just don't do it anymore.
Here is a picture of those toy balloons. I think you could even make yourself one at home:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoQzwxTtQ0CQA6BGJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dflour%2 Bballon%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-701-5%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D2&w=400&h=250&imgurl=foam-dice-limited.tradenote.net%2Fimages%2Fusers%2F000%2F206 %2F418%2F626511.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffoam-dice-limited.tradenote.net%2Fsell%2F626511-Sell-Moody-Face.html&size=52.6+KB&name=Sell+Moody+Face+Stretch+Ball+tradenote.net&p=flour+ballon&oid=606d20a7ccb6318f1b5f648d86e1a97e&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-701-5&rw=flour+balloon&tt=Sell%2BMoody%2BFace%2BStretch%2BBall%2Btradenot e.net&b=0&ni=35&no=2&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=127dk70uf&sigb=134e561iu&sigi=123hov5lo&.crumb=kulMRLDruaU

MrsGuther
August 27th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I can't really understand your post. :(

Bunnysaur
August 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I'm having a really hard time understanding your post, but it does sound like trichotillomania. There's a support thread around here somewhere.