PDA

View Full Version : My solution to the heat/heavy hair. *pics*

misspurdy06
August 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
So my hair is making me hot and I wanted it up.

But I get tension headaches and can't wear my hair up in a regular pony.

I have a go to bun but it's not a guarantee I won't get a tension headache.

So I combined the 2 pony/bun at the top of my head, It's super easy and I've worn it for 2 hours now. And my neck is sore but my head is fine.

I move the ends to the back.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/snapshot-5-1.jpg

Kind of looks like a hair volcano hat.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/snapshot-6-1.jpg

StephanieP3
August 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
That's cool! It looks all fancy from the front but it's really simple!

akilina
August 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Lol, volcano hat ^_^

Are hair forks or sticks just not for you? ponytails give me headaches too, but using forks, sticks, or clips solves this for me.

StephanieP3
August 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Anytime I use clips they tend to pull my hair.

jojo
August 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I never wear clips, they scare me! Hair sticks or forks are brilliant for preventing headaches. I've just purchased some Amish pins so much better than the normal break after one use U pins and they hold like a rock, no headaches! Cute style, reminds me of a walnut whip chocolate!

Simone_Fatale
August 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Wow, it's adorable! And this comes from somebody who hates updos.

Hollyfire3
August 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I need to do this! I just got THE WORST instant tension headache from having my hair up in one of those octupus clips for like 10 mins for my shower....ouch, I went to shake my hair out of the bun and just cringed at the pain.:(

Arakazi
August 26th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Lol, volcano hat ^_^

Are hair forks or sticks just not for you? ponytails give me headaches too, but using forks, sticks, or clips solves this for me.

Same here, I am addicted to pony's but it's giving me breakage and the headaches too (sometimes). Hair sticks really do help with me. I think you should give that a go! I do love your updo though! :D

misspurdy06
August 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Sticks, clips, hair ties all give me a tension headache if I'm not careful. The only really safe sty;e for me is braids or left down.

I do have low blood sugar issues that is why my hair gives me so much trouble. Well trouble if I want to wear my hair up.

For this style I just wanted my hair out of the way without having to do anything special. So clear plastic hair tie single loop. Perfect.