PDA

View Full Version : DH wants to grow hair, too.

TeaEarlGreyHot
August 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM
My husband has always wanted to grow his hair out. I don't think he's looking for incredible length, just longer than the norm. He loves long hair on anyone.

I need some help because I believe his hair is 3b/c/iii he has SO much and it's cottony like a sheep. He has been WO for years now and loves to be low maintenance. I've started by oiling his hair with coconut oil, and doing a deep oil once a week.

What would you all suggest for a guy with his hair stats to do while growing? If we can't control the cotton top we might have to buy cases of aloe vera gel! I have 1c/2a/f/ii hair and my daughter is a 1a so I have no idea how to help DH. Right now his hair is only about 1" long so we're starting from healthy hair here.

lapushka
August 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'd say look into the curly girl method. --> http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

That will -no doubt- tame some of the frizz or curls some.

Yozhik
August 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
First of all -- wonderful username! I love it! :thumbsup:

Secondly, it's great that your husband wants to grow his hair out. I remember a few months back a guy with similar hair stats to your spouse successfully did a month+ of WO, which seemed to work pretty well. Maybe he could give that a try and put in some coconut oil on the ends to aid in curl definition and dryness?

Good luck, and I'd love to hear about his progress! :flower:

TeaEarlGreyHot
August 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM
First of all -- wonderful username! I love it! :thumbsup:

Secondly, it's great that your husband wants to grow his hair out. I remember a few months back a guy with similar hair stats to your spouse successfully did a month+ of WO, which seemed to work pretty well. Maybe he could give that a try and put in some coconut oil on the ends to aid in curl definition and dryness?

Good luck, and I'd love to hear about his progress! :flower:

He's actually been WO for maybe 2-3 years now. 10 months ago we moved 1000 miles across the country and the water is SO different. It will take a lot of experimenting, he's never had hair longer than 3" or so due his overwhelming hair! I'd love to see what his hair looks like tamed and long enough to form a curl pattern!