PDA

View Full Version : Low lights! (pics)

kitcatsmeow
August 26th, 2012, 05:30 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7259/7863233172_7661f2ed2e_z.jpg

Very Subtle lowlights to blend in my bleach I'm growing out. I got tow different colors and very small foils. I believe it was a level 5 (my natural color) and an 8 which is a nice honey blonde to mix in the bleach blonde. It looks so amazing in person, very natural. I also wore my hair down for the first time last night and my BFF who has GORGEOUS waist length curly hair said "I can't stop staring at your hair its SO pretty!" :cheese:

It's also just gone through (possibly still going) a growth spurt.

Anyway the salon was interesting. The girl who normally does my hair was on vaca and she's used to my wierd requests but this poor girl put up with my nicely although she was definitely....:confused: lol

Of course I didn't want any color on my natural color so no we are not touching up my regrowth and yes I am sure I don't want to do more highlights. Once we got that squared away it was on to the color and the size of the foils. Much easier. Than comes the fun part....where I explain I do NOT dry my hair. Julie is used to me walking out wet but this poor girl didn't understand. And she was even more confused when I told her I didn't want any serum in my hair. She eventually just shrugged and I tipper her well especially since they charge for blow outs.

I went home and rewashed my hair to get rid of the silicones and did my normal routine plus a SMT. My hair is just as smooth and soft as before!

I will probably have to go back in a couple of weeks because I know these will fade hardcore since my hair was so bleach blonde but I'm very happy.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8437/7863233254_639a6053ff.jpg

spookyghost
August 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Your hair looks amazing! It looks so natural and Im so impressed! It looks like you were born with that color. I wished I would have thought about low lights to cover up my high lights BEFORE I got my overall color. Im naturally ash or blondette and want to go back to my natural color. Anyways my hd gave me strawberry blonde with orange roots. I know-yuck. Far cry from what I asked for but Im trying to fix it and deal with the aftermath.

Plus your hair dresser listened to you and did a great job. Especially since she wasnt your normal hair dresser. That means you now have two good hair dressers. One to fall back on! I just found one for me and she's still on the fence!;) I say that because although she is the one that is now fixing my hair from my last fiasco she doesnt seem to want to give me my new color as permanent. She keeps on wanting to do demi's. Which I would understand if its because of the damage she is worried about. But when I ask her she never says yes or agrees with me. She just says she wants to do demi's. It makes me wonder is thats because Im going to her salon every 5-6 weeks and spending about $55.00! My longest layer is almost bsl so if I get demi's till that awful color grows out thats like five years! Thats alot of money. And anytime I talk about this wonderful site and everything I learn off of it she doesnt seem interested or agree with anything I say. I dont know. It just makes me wonder.

Anyways-your hair looks great!

kitcatsmeow
August 26th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Your hair looks amazing! It looks so natural and Im so impressed! It looks like you were born with that color. I wished I would have thought about low lights to cover up my high lights BEFORE I got my overall color. Im naturally ash or blondette and want to go back to my natural color. Anyways my hd gave me strawberry blonde with orange roots. I know-yuck. Far cry from what I asked for but Im trying to fix it and deal with the aftermath.

Plus your hair dresser listened to you and did a great job. Especially since she wasnt your normal hair dresser. That means you now have two good hair dressers. One to fall back on! I just found one for me and she's still on the fence!;) I say that because although she is the one that is now fixing my hair from my last fiasco she doesnt seem to want to give me my new color as permanent. She keeps on wanting to do demi's. Which I would understand if its because of the damage she is worried about. But when I ask her she never says yes or agrees with me. She just says she wants to do demi's. It makes me wonder is thats because Im going to her salon every 5-6 weeks and spending about $55.00! My longest layer is almost bsl so if I get demi's till that awful color grows out thats like five years! Thats alot of money. And anytime I talk about this wonderful site and everything I learn off of it she doesnt seem interested or agree with anything I say. I dont know. It just makes me wonder.

Anyways-your hair looks great!

Thank you! Good luck with HD....I have NEVER come across a HD that suggested demis. That's strange. Personally I'd tell her I want permanent or I'm going somewhere else to get it. It's your hair and your money in the end!

Strawberry blonde can be very pretty with the right tones. I pull red and was strawberry blonde when I was little so I think when I go back next time I'll add some strawberry blonde lights as well!

pink.sara
August 26th, 2012, 06:34 AM
That's such a pretty result!
And it looks like natural sun highlights now rather than growing out bleach.

Chimom79
August 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
It looks so good! You have very pretty hair!

Crazycatlady
August 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I love it! As the others above me have said, it really does look natural. : )

momoftwo708
August 26th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Very nice!!

Nae
August 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
That looks great! What a good way to blend in new growth!

BrightEyes
August 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Your hair is beautiful!!! In your other thread, asking opinions about your color, I posted that I liked your blonde hair better. But your darker color is so beautiful, I take that back. I say grow your natural color out:D

Your gorgeous hair is seriously making me reconsider my highlights. It's so pretty.

jacqueline101
August 26th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Your hair looks great.

kitcatsmeow
August 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Your hair is beautiful!!! In your other thread, asking opinions about your color, I posted that I liked your blonde hair better. But your darker color is so beautiful, I take that back. I say grow your natural color out:D

Your gorgeous hair is seriously making me reconsider my highlights. It's so pretty.

Wow thank you :) Honestly I've been bleaching and highlighting my hair so long because I really love pale blonde hair but our natural hair color really does compliment us best I think. From now on any changes I make will be subtle!

vanillabones
August 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I love it!! It looks great. I always wanted to try low lights, never did though.

Lostsoule77
August 26th, 2012, 11:03 AM
That looks very natural and very good! Should definitely ease the pain of growing out the bleach. :D

palaeoqueen
August 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
That looks fantastic, good choice! I also now wish that I'd done the same back in December instead of allowing my stylist to do a demi that permanently lightened my 2" roots. They would still have washed out but at least my roots would have been saved.

einna
August 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Like others have said, it looks great and natural. :)

Oksana
August 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM
It looks great and very natural, good choice!

lapushka
August 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Looks great. What a good way to go back to your natural color!

demonicblackcat
September 4th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Wow! I'd NEVER thought that it was done. I would have guessed that it was all natural from the sun or you're just born with it. It llooks incredibly great on you!

Henrietta
September 4th, 2012, 04:35 AM
The lowlights look completely natural :) I'm glad you're happy with them.
Has anyone told you that you look like Scarlett Johansson? ;)

kitcatsmeow
September 4th, 2012, 05:12 AM
The lowlights look completely natural :) I'm glad you're happy with them.
Has anyone told you that you look like Scarlett Johansson? ;)

Thank you. And yes all the time!